• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

Funny. I used to live up in East longmeadow and then somers. Back in Plainville and How much happier back this way. Work in West Hartford and really love the area

West Hartford is great. Phenomenal school system (or at least it was...not sure about anymore), clean, and low crime (though from what I read that's increased). Property taxes are disgusting though. 

And too keep this weather related, West Hartford can get some nasty weather...both snow and thunderstorms. Of course, being in the valley they can get screwed but if the CCB works out they can get crushed. Feb 06 I got around 27'', the '11 blizzard was another around 27'', and Feb 13 in that ball park too. 

There was a stretch I had hail at least once per summer for a stretch of like 7-8 years. I loved going to Rockledge Golf Course at times to watch the thunderstorms come in from the West. 

The tree damage across the city in the Oct 2011 snowstorm was wild. Some streets looked like an F0 tornado ripped through as they were just littered with branches, limbs, and leaves. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Funny. I used to live up in East longmeadow and then somers. Back in Plainville and How much happier back this way. Work in West Hartford and really love the area

Funny, SOO glad to be out of (living) in CT. I just NEVER understood the appeal of West Hartford... you couldn't pay me to live there!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PWMan said:

The totals have fluctuated, but that sharp northeastern cutoff near PWM has been consistent. Just looking forward to seeing something at this point.

Noticed that as well.  Cutoff is a razor thin line right through PWM.  Hopefully that comes to fruition and not further to you or I's south.  we'll see.

8 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Funny, SOO glad to be out of (living) in CT. I just NEVER understood the appeal of West Hartford... you couldn't pay me to live there!

I don't live in West Hartford, I work in West Hartford. Love where we are in Plainville. I'm up on rattlesnake mountain so I'm a little higher up than the area around me. Super quiet where we are, lots of wildlife, the schools are great here for my daughter.

West hartford's a very dynamic mix of people. You definitely get the yuppies who thinks they're shit? Don't stink, but you do get a good mix of other people as well ( at least the clients I have in my showroom ). 

We have good friends in Simsbury which is a great town.

• Like 1