• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Stunning that hopes for a foot+ event hinging on a last second hail mary of a SW capture didn't pan out...I am just floored.

This has always looked like a nice, moderate snow....random higher end suites not withstanding.

Yeah, the ceiling on this was pretty obvious since early this week.  

42 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sunday PM has def trended east with CCB. Looks like the main show is the stuff before that. It still clips eastern areas Sunday afternoon with CCB but it’s not as crazy as yesterdays runs. 

This was becoming clear at 0z and it was well received as you can imagine  as I posted about it 

I wanted more discussion around it and if I have your ear Will, I realize and most should it was a very delicate interaction with subtle upstream changes in second SW strength and speed having large changes in Sunday days snow duration and intensity.

Do you think that interaction(between short waves  can come back ) and if so when would we need to see this by . I think the goal posts are a bit wider then many think , if we are not depending on the first weakening short wave for majority of accumulation , for the period when ratio’s we’re lower 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This was becoming clear at 0z and it was well received as you can imagine  as I posted about it 

I wanted more discussion around it and if I have your ear Will, I realize and most should it was a very delicate interaction with subtle upstream changes in second SW strength and speed having large changes in Sunday days snow duration and intensity.

Do you think that interaction(between short waves  can come back ) and if so when would we need to see this by . I think the goal posts are a bit wider then many think

Since it is apparent to you. How much qpf changes with the CCB offshore? Are we talking .5 plus?

Thinking a good 5-8'' of snow across Connecticut with about 3-5'' along the immediate shoreline. Going to put together a map later this afternoon after work stuff all done. The 5'' side though along the immediate shoreline may be too high though but we'll see after assessing everything in full after Euro.

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looks a little beefed up

was this stronger initial SW or more interaction returning from second and first during Sunday

Initial wave tracked further north, Still was caught late by the trailer.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I love that this will be a wet snow...my favorite type. Thankfully my 2 year old is recovering after a recent health scare and will be able to have him out with my while shoveling...sick children really put this shit into perspective.

Great to hear all is well. Perspective is a blessing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sey-Less Snow :lol:

Hindsight is 20/20 lmao, you know you were excited about the potential for more in your location, knew it was a longshot here so we kept our 5-10" call .. We all discussed the potential of what we saw yesterday and that was to continue snow yesterday with a heavier band on the northern side where a ccb would prolong heavier snow.. As this storm trended north overnight the dry-slot cuts down on time of snow especially further south as well as the trailing wave not catching up now which takes off a few hours on the backend.. Several prominent meteorologists in here were entertaining the idea of higher totals as well as every CT outlet.. I'm glad we kept our map capped at 5-10" will just have to adjust the 2-5" north and west 10 miles.. We learn and we enjoy our first snowfall still. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I love that this will be a wet snow...my favorite type. Thankfully my 2 year old is recovering after a recent health scare and will be able to have him out with my while shoveling...sick children really put this shit into perspective.

God bless him Ray so happy he pulled thru. Good lord nothing scarier. Nothing better than teaching a new weenie all about snow either. My in box is flooded with my kids talking and asking about Sunday. So proud lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Awful job by the models this week.

Not really when you consider this wasn't a large scale event deeply rooted in a long wave signal...this is the type of system where little idiosyncrasies with respect to SW interactions have disproportionately large results on sensible appeal for many areas. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Hindsight is 20/20 lmao, you know you were excited about the potential for more in your location, knew it was a longshot here so we kept our 5-10" call .. We all discussed the potential of what we saw yesterday and that was to continue snow yesterday with a heavier band on the northern side where a ccb would prolong heavier snow.. As this storm trended north overnight the dry-slot cuts down on time of snow especially further south as well as the trailing wave not catching up now which takes off a few hours on the backend.. Several prominent meteorologists in here were entertaining the idea of higher totals as well as every CT outlet.. I'm glad we kept our map capped at 5-10" will just have to adjust the 2-5" north and west 10 miles.. We learn and we enjoy our first snowfall still. 

Great Job bro.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

God bless him Ray so happy he pulled thru. Good lord nothing scarier. Nothing better than teaching a new weenie all about snow either. My in box is flooded with my kids talking and asking about Sunday. So proud lol

I look forward to that...hopefully at least one of them takes a vested interest instead of looking at me cross-eyed like the general populous :lol: God, just give one "the sickness" to take over the blog once I start drooling on myself lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I'm just breaking your balls lol Nothing unreasonable about that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I look forward to that...hopefully at least one of them takes a vested interest instead of looking at me cross-eyed like the general populous :lol: God, just give one "the sickness" to take over the blog once I start drooling on myself lol

I get reports from my kid in Germany still.  Lol.  Now it's the grandkids. Granddaughter is driving back to Penn State and texted me at 6 am. I told her to leave tonight. Think pretty much a weenified family. As much as some profess hating snow they are the first to ask if there will be enough to take the kids sledding Sunday afternoon