• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

He had the 5th a hit and the 7th a whiff. He may get the cutter though.

I originally thought the 4-6th was more probability favored, too.  It was due to the proximity of the last +PNA. It was weakening in the projections... but still numerically valid.  In fact, it was/is valid (at the time) through the 10th, which is why I included the 6-8th - it was a matter of 'leaning'.  But because the 4-6th was still more embedded under the meatier side of +PNA curve ... and on and so on.

...It's always a conductor's migraine to try to 'cinema' these probabilities. It's predicated on the telecon projects also being right for one. But also, there's room to wiggle within a signal and end up with a result that can be less than ideally correlated ( looking ). 

This is definitely a hemisphere that would favor that latter aspect happening, with idiosyncrasies abounding. 

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

does the RGEM have this bias 

well they're all getting ( or should be getting) a real dose of what's arriving off the Pacific - the mechanics are finally actually just over land as of the 12z initialization.

image.thumb.png.c6ed88f0e66d076399b574dfd7997145.png

How they individually handle the ingest ( physically ) is a discussion with the modelers at NCEP ... actually "Environment Canada" in this case

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Congrats on your paster finally .. Hoping you get a solid foot of wet snow and lose power for 7 days

It’s been a long time coming. I’m hoping the local grid goes down . And whatever the paste doesn’t finish off, the screamer gusting to 70 will next week .

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

15 minutes ago, tunafish said:

I will say, there's an OES signal that's been showing up for us down through PSM that get's going 00z Sunday that drops an inch or two before the main event.  That'll help.

Yeah, those have padded our numbers in the past. Always hard to pin down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This can't be right....strong consensus for  NE MA bullseye.....I'm frightened.

heh.. I gather the sardonic humor but just the same -

It's a flat wave that possibly becomes a rapid deepener upon exit, with a CCB genesis transporting fresh ( not rotted) maritime polar air back west.   That synoptic circumstance sort of puts your area ( #MeToo btw - ) in the running for winner.

It's like you're in the top 3 seeds heading into a playoff.  

Let's just hope it's not like the President's Trophy curse in the NHL ;)     lol

• Like 1