• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

Sweet spot for SNE that we discussed on 0z Euro last night:

lead shortwave stronger but slightly more delayed, while not strong enough to push baroclinic zone too far southeast + trailing shortwave a tick faster so more likely to invigorate a parting CCB... if all this holds, that last component could push parts of E/SE SNE to 5-10 or more

Great to see 12z GFS trending towards this

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I can't wait to start geeking out over Bufkit. 12z GFS usually out around noon...sometimes as early as 11:56 AM EST. It might be early but it's never early. 

we all have are fetishes.  Mine's the FOUS grid.  I love it when a big dawg arrives near enough to show up in the FOUS numerics.  Seeing a UVM of 30+ units with a .95" melted equiv in the QPF column, whilst a thermal profile of -2/-2/-4 (C) at hour 60 ... while knowing that the storm really maxes at hour 72 makes ... Then waiting for the next model cycle, and when seeing it arrive with not only that .95" but the new 60 is a buck and quarter... Ho man!  Load that needle with the good smack - that's like that "Blue Magic" from "American Gangster"

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Boston Bulldog said:

Recent GFS outputs seem to have some substantial convective interference with the SLP track as it traverses southern AL, MS and GA.

I don’t see any other guidance with the SLP being pulled so far south by convection.

EDIT: Looking into this, seems to first surface at the 18Z run yesterday

18z run yesterday….Hmmm ya don’t say? Lol. 

• Haha 1