Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Discobs 2024

George BM

9 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Digging thru the record books, I see 4, yes 4 only times I've had a +50 low in January. Jan 15, 1995 (54 degrees), Jan 5, 2004 (55.7 degrees), Jan 5,2005 (53.6 degrees), and Jan 12,2020 at 51.2 degrees. Today will make another as low at 7 am was 50.7 degrees (borrowing a miracle). My records go back to Oct 1979.

Well, this won't come to pass, down to 48.9 degrees at 8:50 pm. DID set a new record high, 68.6 degrees, old was 62 degrees from both 1981 and 2012. 

8 hours ago, snowfan said:

There was 2 ft of snow on the ground 5 days ago.

IMG_1034.jpeg

Seems like Canaan has been very low maintenance lately. Probably not making enough snow during the good times. I tried looking at their snow reports during the cold period and the vast majority of their runs were closed, even while Timberline was like 90% open.

Most other hills even including the much less snowy Liberty and Whitetail don't have these bare patches in the middle of the trails. 

1 hour ago, Fozz said:

Seems like Canaan has been very low maintenance lately. Probably not making enough snow during the good times. I tried looking at their snow reports during the cold period and the vast majority of their runs were closed, even while Timberline was like 90% open.

Most other hills even including the much less snowy Liberty and Whitetail don't have these bare patches in the middle of the trails. 

My game cam up at 3k feet near DCL shows all the snow (at least a foot) has melted in the past two days.  Booo.  

Just now, IronTy said:

Newts and Spotted salamanders are out in force tonight.  Spotted salamanders usually breed in my pond around thos time of year on mild wet nights...like last night and tonight.  Moderate rain down here now.  

I saw a slug on the sidewalk 

Confused about the forecasting, especially with NWS in our area. The wife and I are headed to the Ravens game today and were expecting a soaker. But none of the mesos have any rain after this back edge pulls through—which it just did. 

NWS has “rain before 10AM” today. Fair enough, these point and click forecasts are always whatever. But then it has “rain before 10PM” tonight. 

The NAM suite shows absolutely nothing after this morning. The GFS shows some spotty rain but it’s well out of its range. 

Hoping we can just wear our Ravens gear and avoid busting out the ponchos. Fingers crossed. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic