• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

I don't know how many diehard O's fans we have in here, but as one myself, I am fired all the way up! I love the fact they're including sports legends like Cal in the ownership group as well, gives more hope that this ownership group will care about the product on the field! 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

I don't know how many diehard O's fans we have in here, but as one myself, I am fired all the way up! I love the fact they're including sports legends like Cal in the ownership group as well, gives more hope that this ownership group will care about the product on the field! 

Cal involved has me stoked. He loves the city of Baltimore.

• Like 6

The Ravens are fine. Their game plan was def suspect tho…forget running, they could have lit up KC with quick outs. Regardless, I told a couple friends before the game that this had trap game vibes. KC is legit and obviously coasted all year. Ravens will be back.

• Like 2

This has been bad for my mental health...I haven't been able to focus on much of anything other than the loss. So embarrassing, national media ripping us to shreds, and the future of the team, quite frankly, looks bleak, and I'm wondering if Lamar is really the QB that can get us there. He and Monken let us all the way down! I don't trust either of them right now.
And, with all the assistant coaching turnover, it may not even be possible to fire Harbaugh this off-season. So who knows what kind of season we may have to go through next year. Tbh, unless MacDonald stays, it's too late in he game to look for a new HC in 2024). This may be the darkest moment this franchise has ever had... and it's frickin' depressing

I see your snow weenie takes have migrated to the ravens. The ravens will be fine and if MM and few assistant move on they have in house options. No time to panic given franchise is still in good hands.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

For all the complaining you hear on social media, the NFL is probably stronger than ever. They’re going to do a gargantuan number in two weeks. 

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-playoffs-tv-ratings-bf435642324a34a69e6b258e033d249d#

The Chiefs are the current darlings of the NFL leadership; I’m sure Goodell’s quite happy they got this result.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve25 said:

I’m beyond die hard. I haven’t been this happy since Ron Jeremy put out his first film. Between our prospects and the money the new ownership group will spend we should be good for a long time to come. I’m so looking forward to this upcoming season and the future ones. Finally 40 years of misery should be over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

I think in two weeks we would take a Miller Z if it means a snow storm.  
I am not panicked but cautiously optimistic that the last 4-5 weeks (mid February to mid March) of the winter season will deliver.   
The 3rd week of January's well forecasted H5 pattern gave me 10 inches;  if I get another 10 plus inches it will be a "B" winter for me.  If we get a wind whipped foot or more storm out of the upcoming pattern, winter 23-24 will get an "A" from me.

I'll move this here to Banter to not tie up the long range thread. 

Everyone has there own idea of what their looking for in winter but I do hope we get more snow than 10 " out of this up coming pattern.

I'm at 12" currently. My average is almost 30" and more than that in a Nino.

If I get 10 more I would grade on a curve because it is a Nino. I would give it a c at best maybe even a D. I need  to get atleast to my average to call it a B.

I need another 18" just to get to average.

So far this winter has been a D/F for me. 1 solid week of winter and 7 weeks of a continuation of the last few years.

11 hours ago, 87storms said:

The Ravens are fine. Their game plan was def suspect tho…forget running, they could have lit up KC with quick outs. Regardless, I told a couple friends before the game that this had trap game vibes. KC is legit and obviously coasted all year. Ravens will be back.

They needed to run the ball. That would have opened up more opportunities for intermediate routes and downfield. Because they didn't, KC was able to continue to do exactly what they wanted defensively- blanket the receivers much of the time with 6 DBs, leading to low percentage throws downfield(many overthrows on go routes). Lamar gets criticized for that but those guys were covered well, and Ravens don't have a WR other than maybe OBJ(sometimes) that can make contested catches on an intentional underthrow. Would have increased the chance for a DPI though.

6 hours ago, ravensrule said:

I’m beyond die hard. I haven’t been this happy since Ron Jeremy put out his first film. Between our prospects and the money the new ownership group will spend we should be good for a long time to come. I’m so looking forward to this upcoming season and the future ones. Finally 40 years of misery should be over. 

he really showed his acting chops in "One flew over the Milf's Nest"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

They needed to run the ball. That would have opened up more opportunities for intermediate routes and downfield. Because they didn't, KC was able to continue to do exactly what they wanted defensively- blanket the receivers much of the time with 6 DBs, leading to low percentage throws downfield(many overthrows on go routes). Lamar gets criticized for that but those guys were covered well, and Ravens don't have a WR other than maybe OBJ(sometimes) that can make contested catches on an intentional underthrow. Would have increased the chance for a DPI though.

They should have tried to run more, but KC was blitzing like crazy.  They needed some quick routes/dump-off's to counter that.  Lamar just wasn't getting the time to do much and needed some more options near the line of scrimmage.

33 minutes ago, 87storms said:

They should have tried to run more, but KC was blitzing like crazy.  They needed some quick routes/dump-off's to counter that.  Lamar just wasn't getting the time to do much and needed some more options near the line of scrimmage.

Funny how when Houston was blitzing like 80% of the time in the first half the week before they adjusted and ran the ball in the second half. Got them out of that real quick. Remember KC can't stop the run- Buffalo ran for 192 against them the week before. Unless the coaches were told to throw the game, someone should be fired over this. Egregious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

The Ravens certainly did everything they could to make it happen.

I agree, the Ravens should have played a better game. As WxWatcher said earlier ITT, you definitely don't want to leave it in the hands of the refs. Especially when you're up against the team the league likes with a ref known to be biased against the home team.

I mean I could write a whole essay about Chiefs/Mahomes favoritism from the league, but I don't have the time. It's like watching the Brady/New England stuff all over again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Anyone else have this weird thing where "January 31" triggers a mistaken feeling of it being New Year's again? Like just for a second, when you hear or see the date, it's...here we go, a new year... No? Ok, thanks, carry on.

For me it triggers the feeling that winter will be over soon. :mellow:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

For me it triggers the feeling that winter will be over soon. :mellow:

I can't believe it's almost February and I have to start planning inventory forecasts for the holiday season already.

• Haha 2

I shared this in my "home" thread this morning - hope it's okay to share here as well:

I am a very happy fan of the team that my avatar represents this morning. This has been a long time coming. When I was growing up in the 1970s, every MLB team wanted to be like Baltimore..."The Orioles Way" was what it was referred to. The franchise that was run right and played the game right. That started fading in the 1980s...

Baltimore, and it's baseball fans have deserved so much better for years, and today marks a new beginning with new hope a whole lot to look forward to with the talent that has been assembled. I wasn't sure I'd be around to say that I'm proud of my team again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

If you watch the youtube video i posted earlier, it shows that on almost every play there was a shallow option, and when there wasn't, there was room for Lamar to run for at least 4-5yds.

Either by design or by Lamar pressing for the big play, it seems his primary read was always a deep pass. On many plays he didn't have time to progress through to find the short dump off. I would have thought after half time they would have adjusted and focused on the short stuff until KC adjusted, but nope, it was more of the same. 

Another thing that video shows is dumb use of OBJ. They sent him on go routes multiple times, but he just doesn't have the sustained speed anymore. Completely covered. When used correctly (precise routes, comebacks, crossing etc), he was open and made a couple catches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Funny how when Houston was blitzing like 80% of the time in the first half the week before they adjusted and ran the ball in the second half. Got them out of that real quick. Remember KC can't stop the run- Buffalo ran for 192 against them the week before. Unless the coaches were told to throw the game, someone should be fired over this. Egregious.

You don't normally beat a blitz by pounding the ball.  You try to throw them off via screens, etc., and then that'll open up the run option.  I'd have to watch the game again to nitpick, but the lack of any short passes stood out.

15 hours ago, H2O said:

After 4 years my luck finally ran out. Got Covid. Feel like ass

That sucks. Just get some rest and take care of yourself however you normally do it. People like to give advice, but I feel like everyone knows how they best recover from viruses like this (especially now that COVID is endemic and hitting similarly to flu/cold).

Wife and I got it for the first time at the end of last January and it kicked my ass for a few days. We think we *might* have had it a few weeks ago (upon reflection after the fact), but it wasn't that bad so we never tested (oops).

Hope you feel better soon!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

For all the complaining you hear on social media, the NFL is probably stronger than ever. They’re going to do a gargantuan number in two weeks. 

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-playoffs-tv-ratings-bf435642324a34a69e6b258e033d249d#

I have no doubt that more casuals than ever will watch because of the Taylor Swift connection.

I won't be one. Plenty else to do on any given weekend!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

LOL!  Well, I actually used to have the handle of "Always in Zugzwang".  For what it's worth!

I must admit I miss your old name.  Zugzwang captures so perfectly the essence of being a snow weenie south of the Mason-Dixon line: doesn't matter which direction the storm moves, it's a fail.

3 hours ago, 87storms said:

Runs against blitzes can end up TD’s. You don’t typically send more than one in any gap. Simple football, block down kick out. Quick routes to covered receivers can quickly lead to pick sixes too, especially if you don’t recognize the coverage. If you are the number one rushing team in the league, you run the ball. Period. I still think it was the lack of discipline across the board that ultimately cost them.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic