• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

1 minute ago, binbisso said:

I'm having a hard time to figure this one out but I'm raining here in Mount Vernon.

I'm in New Rochelle atm and it's light rain and sleet here. I'd say 70/30 in favor of rain. Being close to the Sound doesn't help I'd imagine. I'm about to be heading west through the Bronx so maybe by Kingsbridge or Riverdale I'll see some flakes.

9 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Mixing line sinking back south for now 

It's kinda interesting. You can see the mix line making more progress north through Somerset County but it's getting beaten down a bit in Middlesex County. I'm in northwest Middlesex County not too far from the Somerset border, so that's why I'm seeing some sleet mixing in now. 

Just now, winterwx21 said:

It's kinda interesting. You can see it making more progress north through Somerset County but it's getting beaten down a bit in Middlesex County. I'm in northwest Middlesex County not too far from the Somerset border, so that's why I'm seeing some sleet mixing in now. 

Yup. All snow here currently 

1 minute ago, dWave said:

I'm in New Rochelle atm and it's light rain and sleet here. I'd say 70/30 in favor of rain. Being close to the Sound doesn't help I'd imagine. I'm about to be heading west through the Bronx so maybe by Kingsbridge or Riverdale I'll see some flakes.

It's snowing in Woodlawn but no sticking thus far. 

32 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 4:30 pm, 33F and snowing moderately to heavily at times with 1" on the ground and 1/2-3/4" on paved surfaces. However, reports of sleet in NB, so we might not get much more We'll see, since I'll always remember 3/1/19, when the sleet line stopped at the Raritan for hours, giving us ~5" of snow and 1-2" of snow/sleet then rain in NB - but this line doesn't look like it's stopping, lol.

As of 5:00 pm, we have 1.25" at 33F and we've seen a miracle, lol, as the mix/sleet line stalled literally 1-2 miles south of us and it's still snowing moderately here, but I have to think that's almost over...

hey @Allsnow- you still snowing too?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 5:00 pm, we have 1.25" at 33F and we've seen a miracle, lol, as the mix/sleet line stalled literally 1-2 miles south of us and it's still snowing moderately here, but I have to think that's almost over...

hey @Allsnow- you still snowing too?  

Yup. Mixing line as moved well southwest of us now. We have some time 

• Like 1

Just now, weathermedic said:

NYC Sanitation on Staten Island saying (over their radios) that the entrance/exit ramps to the highways are starting to show traces of accumulation and the order to drop salt has been given

Cool information 

• Like 1

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic