Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Total Solar Eclipse, April 8, 2024

wxsniss

2 hours ago, CTSkywarn said:

Sky conditions at ROC right now. So, I'm off to the Rochester Science Museum to see the two toed Sloth Exhibit and the eclipse planetarian show. So, at least I will see an eclipse on the big screen! emoji16.png. They don't have that in Newport, VT....lol7b3b28994416311401e5caf400ecc5d9.jpg

Sent from my moto g 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Do you know Al p from barkhamsted? Also does skywarn. He’s my boss.

93N has been backed up MHT through CON since before 7am. it is going to be a bloodbath southbound later on, considering that most of the people going north are going to be heading south at about the same time. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near 93S or 89S after like 4pm.

Locals in Bow upset on social media about all the use of the secondary roads here for eclipse traffic.  Can't put gps and maps and traffic data back in the bottle so it is what it is.  93 looks backed up from Manch/Hooksett all the way through Concord.

Looking at the clouds building into Stowe VT and thinking of hopping in the car and heading northeast.  Looks like lots of high thin clouds which I'm guessing will make for some really cool 360 sunset photos.  Or head north looking for clearer skies.  Clear blue skies looking NE.  Going to make my decision at 1.  Thoughts?

The social element is really interesting to watch.  I have waited for this day since 1998 when I saw my last total.  I always thought NH was not prepared if it would be a nice day.  According to the traffic maps Rt 93 if you can get through Concord up towards the noth you will hit a 15 mile traffic jam.  I even had thought about contra flow after the eclipse to get people southbound but that would take so much $$ to setup.  

Made a last minute decision due to the weather to meet up with parents in Lyndonville.

Left Newtonville around 7:00, ran into the traffic on 93 by the tolls, then decided to take 89 to 91 to avoid the Notch. Fairly quiet drive actually with a bit of a slow down to get onto 91 and the offramp into Lyndonville was backed onto the highway.

Otherwise made good time and got here around noon. Now hanging out in a hotel parking lot with my parents and a great view of the sky.

• Like 1

Left the Plymouth area around 8.30 am just when the 93 slowdown was starting at Franconia Notch where 93 goes to 1 lane each way and ditched off 93 20 min later when that delay had ballooned to 25 min and building.  Took 112 to 116 which was 20 min slower than a clear 93 would've been but probably saved us 20 min and was quite scenic.  Got to Pittsburg in 2.45 and just had a great meal at Buck's which includes free parking and drink service outside during the eclipse.  Nice. 93 looks like a parking lot now.  Not a cloud in the sky.  Let's go! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, alex said:

I’m up in Pittsburgh and there’s not a soul around :)

Our daughter and her friends have just arrived there. Sounds like the perfect place to view.