Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

4 minutes ago, George001 said:

For the 10th threat, what are some things to look for that would lead to a more wintry outcome?

I think the biggest issue is to develop more confluence to our north. I don’t think it prevents us from flipping to rain, but it could help lead to a colder front end and keep NNE frozen.  I thought the euro took a step that way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I think the biggest issue is to develop more confluence to our north. I don’t think it prevents us from flipping to rain, but it could help lead to a colder front end and keep NNE frozen.  I thought the euro took a step that way.

I know the 10th is a ways out, temps yesterday looked 40-45F? Not sure the amount of precipitation , but afraid we would loose whatever pack we start to establish for us SNE. I know, one thing at a time, 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah with that setup we are going to taint eventually, but I’m hoping we can get a few inches of front end and avoid the torch for a net gain.

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Verbatim this 18z gfs run is horrific for New England. Scraped on the 7th and Rainer for 95% of the forum on the 10th and 12th. Hopefully that’s not how it plays out 

That had disaster written all over it, Last thing we need is more flooding, Plenty of time left in the period, Thats probably as bad as it can get on the 11th.

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Verbatim this 18z gfs run is horrific for New England. Scraped on the 7th and Rainer for 95% of the forum on the 10th and 12th. Hopefully that’s not how it plays out 

Yeah... 18z GFS ( especially for the 1/10-12 threat ).... Not paying any mind at this point. 

As far as the more immediate threat for later this upcoming weekend.... The GFS actually came north a good bit from its earlier run today. With the other models  showing hits... I think the direction is good for 1/7. 

2 hours ago, 512high said:

I know the 10th is a ways out, temps yesterday looked 40-45F? Not sure the amount of precipitation , but afraid we would loose whatever pack we start to establish for us SNE. I know, one thing at a time, 

Pope brain?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Tell that to 1996 screamers with feet OTG to coast. 

He said with CAD. That first ‘96 screamer had zero CAD. We were actually quite mild the couple days leading into it. 

We’ll see on the 1/10 deal, but a lot of guidance shows some CAD even if a couple GFS runs haven’t showed as much. 

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lots of rain and mild but wind???? Don't remember any

That first cutter had huge wind with it that was aided by a line of convection. I remember we had a severe tstorm warning for a big chunk of SE MA…I remember it so well because we drove through it on the way to the Cape that Friday. 

31 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That first cutter had huge wind with it that was aided by a line of convection. I remember we had a severe tstorm warning for a big chunk of SE MA…I remember it so well because we drove through it on the way to the Cape that Friday. 

That was vicious. 

4 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

The Euro EFI stuff can help with that too. The shift of tails shows you what the outliers at the top end are saying, but the shading tells you where the meat of the ensemble is. ps2png-worker-commands-757f6bfb4f-fs6sw-

Can somebody explain the extreme forecast index please? What is a shift of tails?