Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec/Jan Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, psuhoffman said:

A monthly ensemble snow mean is always going to skew towards the mean. That cuts both ways. Let’s throw out DCA. BWI averages 6.4”. When it shows 4-5” that’s really bad. Worse than the raw number. When it shows 8-9” that’s really good. You’re never going to see it skewed that far from the mean for a period further than 15 days out. Once a snowy period gets within shorter range then ya you will see those crazy 20” means but never from the 15-40 day mean. 

Thus why posting/seriously discussing such crap is useless. I'll stick to the general idea, meaning the overall h5 look. Some skill there. Those who want to weenie out over 45 day snow maps on extended tools can do so in the thread dedicated to it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Thus why posting/seriously discussing such crap is useless. I'll stick to the general idea, meaning the overall h5 look. Some skill there. Those who want to weenie out over 45 day snow maps on extended tools can do so in the thread dedicated to it.

Nothing going on this week, chill a little, last night we had people talking about immigration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I generally agree but it’s a slow news day so whatever. Let them have fun. The pattern change is on target. But there’s not much new regarding that and we’re not within range of a discreet threat yet so at least they aren’t distracting us from anything. If they were I’d be calling for cleanup in aisle 6 also. 

I generally agree but it’s a slow news day so whatever. Let them have fun. The pattern change is on target. But there’s not much new regarding that and we’re not within range of a discreet threat yet so at least they aren’t distracting us from anything. If they were I’d be calling for cleanup in aisle 6 also. 

It’s actually not a slow news day. Those snowfall maps are a byproduct of a good 500mb map so I appreciate cape and his skillful use of 500mb but that’s why we can post those snowfall maps

1 minute ago, Ji said:

It’s actually not a slow news day. Those snowfall maps are a byproduct of a good 500mb map so I appreciate cape and his skillful use of 500mb but that’s why we can post those snowfall maps

Those snow maps have looked that way for about a week now.  But cape is right the h5 look is what matters. The snow is a product of the long wave pattern not the other way around.  But I don’t mind the snow maps as much.  Who cares it’s fun so long as we tone it down once there is real threats to focus on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ji said:

Im actually really tired of talking pattern change. We do need a threat asap to show up. Those maps are pretty but we need some roi like right now

I am too. Next week looks super messy, but there’s still some paths to some frozen with that. But beyond that is when our options open up dramatically. I think by this weekend we’ll at least have an idea of a time window for a discreet threat.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Terpeast said:

You’ll be fine. You’ll be back for the big one if its gonna happen 

Yeah and besides, if it's a good winter, AND one where we get a big one, as long as you don't travel from Jan 10th-Feb 20th, ya won't miss it most of the time :lol: (looking at the historical records, it's amazing how many fell in that date range, but there were a couple somewhat recent exceptions in 1993, 1996 & 2009 of course)

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I am too. Next week looks super messy, but there’s still some paths to some frozen with that. But beyond that is when our options open up dramatically. I think by this weekend we’ll at least have an idea of a time window for a discreet threat.

i'm assuming the usage of the word "discreet" here is a board joke?