Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
12/10-11 Disco / Obs - Rain/Snow/Wind Event

nj2va

2 minutes ago, AtlanticWx said:

the deformation band is back on nam3k, some lucky ppl in moco could see a few sloppy inches w nam3k's depiction verbatim, stalling band for like 3-4 hours

image.png.50316ca36f6c03132754396902c0e7a4.png
verabritm this would dump and stick, sounding reveals lift within dgz and saturated column as well as rapidly veering winds indicating strong fronto
image.thumb.png.3900aa652699292a837a492b9e45b6b4.png

• Like 4

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Proper weenies going to wake up at 3-4am to measure maximum mashed potato depth 

I work Sunday night into Monday morning... 9pm to 630am at Amazon.  I guess I could take a break... to check on the weather outside... for the um, safety of my coworkers... yeah, that's it... cause we all have to drive home...

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12Z 3K NAM....big story is the widespread beneficial rain....I hope the snow works out!!!!  Would love to see it.

IMG_2242.png

Nah, big story is definitely that snow squall line with white out conditions you would really never see around here. Probably fake, but that's the big story. Rain is great and all. I am happy we are getting a good soaking that is needed, though I'd rather us get the moisture from snow, but let's be real: no one is setting their alarm at 3 am for some moderate to heavy rain. We are setting it for the snow band.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, Terpeast said:

Looks like the 6z nam 3k had a bit of a hiccup. 12z looks a lot like 0z, just less overdone. Many people west of 95 might see some flakes if up early enough, higher elevations (including Mt PSU) may see an inch or two, more west of the blue ridge

Let’s be honest, we really only need Mt PSU to score here. :lol: 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, jayyy said:

I’ll take my 1-2” of paste after crashing temps and run with it. Anything more would be an absolute treat.

Man, it’s really nice to track something for a change. Even if it’s just a small appetizer.

it's honestly a bonus event too, i wasn't expecting anything till new years

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

DC has kicked off some very good winters with early-mid Dec mega fronts which have ample moisture remaining post front. The post frontal moisture is a pattern that continues usually.  When that kind of temp drop occurs in 2-4 hours there is usually real good support aloft temp wise 

Are there any recent examples of December fronts kicking off snowfall after significant rainfall in the DC metro area?

• nj2va changed the title to 12/10-11 Disco / Obs - Rain/Snow/Wind Event
  • stormtracker unpinned this topic