Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition

mappy

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

I didn’t realize bmore has struggled with secs/mecs level snow like that. I think Jan ‘19 brought up to 10” in Bethesda. It was pouring snow for several hours with that last band.

It has been a GENUINE dry spell up here for decent snow since literally January 2016. We completely missed the Jan 2022 thing - nothing above the beltway. It has been bad. 

• Like 3

It has been a GENUINE dry spell up here for decent snow since literally January 2016. We completely missed the Jan 2022 thing - nothing above the beltway. It has been bad. 

Well hopefully ‘24 brings in the good vibes. Frederick got snookered by that first Jan ‘22 event, too. We did make up for it with the next 2 systems…had several inches from each of those, but a mecs/hecs would be fun.

6 hours ago, 87storms said:

I didn’t realize bmore has struggled with secs/mecs level snow like that. I think Jan ‘19 brought up to 10” in Bethesda. It was pouring snow for several hours with that last band.

the DC area got lucky with 2019 and 2022.  Still a pretty tough drought for everyone.

6 hours ago, 87storms said:

And folks around here wonder why I've reacted the way I have the last few years...this is why, lol Not that I haven't needed to grow and adapt...but I have had a reason! Got fringed in 2019 And I got heavily trolled in Jan 2022; I recorded maybe 3 inches while BWI itself got 6! Been tough no-sledding around here. But hopefully things could turn around this year. (In a Niño you'd think there was a good chance at that...we shall see!)

20 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Have we reached the "we need (insert model name) to stop the bleeding" mode yet?

Or are we just entering the "this is the biggest run of the year for the (insert model name)" stage?

Soon it will be “but we don’t want to be in the bullseye at D5”

The only thing that’s a little wonky to me about this setup is seeing the surface high out in front sliding offshore of the mid-Atlantic/SE. It creates what looks like a banana high in the other direction. Not sure if that’s a hint at more of a mixing issue than advertised or if the high following that across Canada will cancel it out. Tbd

2 hours ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

This has 37 degrees and rain written all over it for immediate dc area. 

I know this is a science board and superstitions have no place…that said the starting of the thread and the 6z euro correlation make you think and wonder and in my case cry.  Let’s see what happens next 

Just now, BristowWx said:

I know this is a science board and superstitions have no place…that said the starting of the thread and the 6z euro correlation make you think and wonder and in my case cry.  Let’s see what happens next 

It is funny as hell that as soon as the thread was started the eps went to shit. Can't make this stuff up. :)

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It is funny as hell that as soon as the thread was started the eps went to shit. Can't make this stuff up. :)

at least you have margin.  some scratch to play with. I should have moved on I-81 years ago...but I had to have a better commute...how's that working out genius.  I could have had a mansion out there back in 99.  God I am a fucktard.  

• Haha 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic