Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

warmerwinter.jpg

It better snow when it can or else -

...actually, I suspect the warm bias in the east and especially the NE has in part to do with the fact that like the polar regions ( relatively speaking ...) we have more room to rise than the west coast.  

Doesn't explain the Dakotas very well but that's why I say 'in part'  ... Think of it as 'trough cold' is less.   Florida and south TX warming is interesting too -

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

If we could just get rid of this piece of shit we might actually have a chance at a rain --> snow  NJ model deepener out of next week. 

image.thumb.png.b70e110a952369782dcfe0008c8a1516.png

Pretty amazing for Dec 28th.  Perfect track and the piece of shit makes  it rain all the way up to the St. Lawrence and beyond.

Screenshot 2023-12-23 174614.jpg

20 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Pretty amazing for Dec 28th.  Perfect track and the piece of shit makes  it rain all the way up to the St. Lawrence and beyond.

Screenshot 2023-12-23 174614.jpg

A week ago , When i saw 7 straight days near International falls , Minnesota modeled 850 temps At or Above 0c 850 lol I said umm ya ok this is a special kind of Turd pattern there .

I thought maybe confluence could help NNE elevations but that was even a longer shot as everyone alluded to

9 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

It's gon rain. Embrace it

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

There is most certainly a pattern change to colder coming , but it doesn’t look particular conductive to warning events before that look appears to wane mid month . That is generally what I take from a “ensemble” blend of many forecasters . I would probably set my sights on a couple advisory events hopefully first half of January but that is just a literal guess , maybe others think that part is more unpredictable and something bigger may pop 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We had a step back today in the good look going forward . Nothing terrible but things started trending back the other way

Just bc nobody posted about it doesn’t mean it’s a step back, geps is cold as hell and gefs improved some and has a great -nao, eps remained steady

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

warmerwinter.jpg

It better snow when it can or else -

...actually, I suspect the warm bias in the east and especially the NE has in part to do with the fact that like the polar regions ( relatively speaking ...) we have more room to rise than the west coast.  

Doesn't explain the Dakotas very well but that's why I say 'in part'  ... Think of it as 'trough cold' is less.   Florida and south TX warming is interesting too -

There it is :lol:. I literally chuckle every time I see a map that says "since 1970". Just a coincidence, I know, the old 53-year normals, right? There's absolutely nothing like starting a dataset with a regression line during the absolute coldest winters of record. Now do winter warming the last 100 years.
I see Detroit is in the +5 shading. 

Let's fact check.
Warming since 1873: +2.0
Warming last 100 years: +1.2
Warming since 1970: +4.9

The brutal winters of the 1970s are the best friend of anybody who wants to make climate change (a real issue certainly) look warmer than it is.

If we're gonna insist on posting how much winter's warmed since 1970 instead of using a longer period of time, they need to add a chart of how much winters cooled from 1920-1970.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

There is most certainly a pattern change to colder coming , but it doesn’t look particular conductive to warning events before that look appears to wane mid month . That is generally what I take from a “ensemble” blend of many forecasters . I would probably set my sights on a couple advisory events hopefully first half of January but that is just a literal guess , maybe others think that part is more unpredictable and something bigger may pop 

Popes cold and dry, warm and wet. Has some merit as modeled 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Apparently you didn’t look at this then .

4DlfHd7.jpg

The weeklies are do or die now? Cheer up buttercup it shows a Building -NAO for mid and late January with a transient -PNA week 3 which has been the thought for quite some time for many, then pretty weeniesh Weeks 4-5 with -epo and -nao 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

49 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Details can never be determined at this lead time…anything can pop, or not. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

The weeklies are do or die now? Cheer up buttercup it shows a Building -NAO for mid and late January with a transient -PNA week 3 which has been the thought for quite some time for many, then pretty weeniesh Weeks 4-5 with -epo and -nao 

That’s not even a bad pattern. It’s quite reminiscent of the first half of Feb ‘83. 

IMG_9956.gif

• Like 4