Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

25 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Warming up nicely! Really can't complain too much about the holiday weekend weather. Who wants to be shoveling? What are you going to do the rest of the day? Sit inside and drink?

I used my snow shovel yesterday to clean up the debris from 4+ inches of rain. I have actually used snow shovels more the past 2 years for things not related to snow....Hopefully we make up for this sooner rather than later, but at this point who knows....Seen too many seasons of warm/wet, cold/dry patterns

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Are we approaching any annual precipitation records in SNE? I know starting off January and February think 2+ rain events were impressive but back to back 4+ event here in December in a weeks time is shocking to say the least. Couple that with all the rain this summer got to think we are closing are some records in some areas?

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Let’s see how things evolve…at some point the law of averages has to play in too. Between that and a decent active pattern..I think we get some chances. 

Allsnow is just as biased as snowman, but he contributes more so it flies under the radar. You learn alot by following emoji patterns....its like a stream of consciousness whereas they veil it more in posts. Look at a guy like Bluewave, while you may not love what he shares, he won't weenie any post that implies winter still exists.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Heisy said:

I’ve done the same countless times. Gets me in that snowstorm mood. That was a fun trip. First time I ever made it to pretty much the jackpot region. Hoping to score a big event at home for once.

I still won’t forget how you spotted the Jan 2021 blizzard from a few weeks out with tombo 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I nominate strat talk to be added to the fraud 5 . But that’s just my recollection of its fruitfulness

Well my take is that it’s used too much to justify why patterns do what they do…or with too much confidence imo.  It’s one piece of the puzzle. But it does have a say. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well my take is that it’s used too much to justify why patterns do what they do…or with too much confidence imo.  It’s one piece of the puzzle. But it does have a say. 

People also over attribute it to big snow and cold in the NE.. like ENSO, they come in all different varieities.

• Like 1