Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

6 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

12/14 and 12/7 BDR was 25 or below. .. BDR dropped below 30 degrees 8 times since November 1.. 

Working on HVN now, Found a few stations on the water in Branford and they dropped below 30 the past 2 days as well as well below 30 on 12/14 and 12/7 and 6 times in November .. First one being November 2nd.. 

I think his temp sensor is near his septic tank… 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

i would pay money for this to verify. luckily, the better pattern has moved forward in time. doesn’t seem like a head fake

IMG_3831.thumb.png.d5b57ba82e78ed7977bd16b7fea2d297.png

GEFS and EPS both recently have been trying to get the Atlantic involved as we go deeper into the first week or January. I think we’ll definitely want that because the N PAC may try and reshuffle mid-month but a good Atlantic would keep us shielded from that somewhat hopefully long enough for when PAC gets favorable again (likely during the peak El Niño climo of late Jan and Feb)

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GEFS and EPS both recently have been trying to get the Atlantic involved as we go deeper into the first week or January. I think we’ll definitely want that because the N PAC may try and reshuffle mid-month but a good Atlantic would keep us shielded from that somewhat hopefully long enough for when PAC gets favorable again (likely during the peak El Niño climo of late Jan and Feb)

the SPV is also getting wrecked. helps blocking prospects as we enter the main window in late Jan into Feb

IMG_3832.thumb.png.19ef3ad1a6cf2b24589a580b8380e3e3.pngIMG_3833.thumb.png.ac33c8583e72d588904f9b1bf9031988.png

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Still weeks away.

It looks like there is decent confidence the pacific lets up only for a brief period toward January 7-15 ish then we need decent Atlantic to offset that during what is approaching peak climo and then after that El Niño seasonal favorability kick in.  Just give me snow in NNE lol , if the stars align in SNE earlier great .

So basically January seems entirely up in the air with very wide goal posts 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep and this isn’t the forum to debate every attribution. Anyone who has read a lot of the attribution literature when it comes to patterns and actual weather events knows it’s not a very cut and dried part of the science…as say…long term temperature trends. The other stuff is constantly being debated in the literature and often changes. 

We’ll tolerate some tangential discussion in here when it’s somewhat relevant to the discussion but there’s a climate change forum if people want to post there. 

Agree and apologize for replying within the December thread.  I almost always avoid getting into non relevant to thread topic posts... But this time my urge was to respond overwhelmed.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alex said:

The light snow tonight feels strangely exciting lol. Like life is returning back to normal after this ridiculous stretch 

It’s made the white coating the past couple days at home feel like deep winter.

We need to get back in the flow.  It was a pretty good 3-week stretch in the NNE mtns.

29 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It looks like there is decent confidence the pacific lets up only for a brief period toward January 7-15 ish then we need decent Atlantic to offset that during what is approaching peak climo and then after that El Niño seasonal favorability kick in.  Just give me snow in NNE lol , if the stars align in SNE earlier great .

So basically January seems entirely up in the air with very wide goal posts 

Recall when the Atlantic was supposed to help us early and mid December? 

24 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Agree and apologize for replying within the December thread.  I almost always avoid getting into non relevant to thread topic posts... But this time my urge was to respond overwhelmed.  

No I thought your reply was good. I was really just speaking in general to those who want to keep obsessing with the attribution stuff can take it elsewhere since it always ends up cluttering the thread. 

This really should be a pattern/present wx thread and directly related topics. I think mentioning CC is fine when it’s directly relevant to the topic and has good factual basis with it…but it gets very tedious when it devolves into hyperbole or very debatable claims being passed off as fact. Those who want to debate those can do in the forum made for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just f’ing great. The last thing we need is Dick T on board 

Cranky says basically same deal we got here major pattern change coming . 2 step downs . Post 28’th and post Jan 1

Says the only wild card is wether subtropical jet gets involved in the 27-28 system and will determine if it’s steady showers or a third straight disaster 

56 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s rare to have a winter rain event raise the lake level on the “6th Great Lake” to a level above the spring melt.  December never gets the highest water level of the year.  Add it to the list of things we haven’t seen in a minute of history.

Its been a wet year overall.

IMG_7072.thumb.jpeg.7124e97f95f613cf17abb24a9fbb4460.jpeg

How much do you think snowmelt added to the rain? There wasn’t a huge pack below 2000’ but there was a lot of water in what there was. 

3 hours ago, BrianW said:

Looking forward for my first 20s of the season...

Lows are expected to be in the low-20s/upper teens for most. The NYC metro will be be drop into the upper-20s while far interior areas may see mid-teens. These temperatures are only a few degrees to 5 degrees below normal, but still some of the coldest we have seen thus far this season.

that’s odd in new haven/west haven we got a 29 on like november 2 i believe. it was an impressive frost

edit missed the 10 comments on this lol