Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

22 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Farmington co-op had 10" come down on December 26-27/1969 (though it's a bit suspicious as no one else in the region had more than about 7").  Started with 15" SN then poured as temp rose to 50°.  Was also BTV's top snowfall until 2010 topped it.

Nice to see a sunny day, with modest temps.

15" SN then 10" rn. what a mess that must have been

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Maybe that is what he believes? You like what you believe...and they do have scientific reasoning behind it..you just don't agree with it. I think they go overboard with a lot of it, too, but its logical.

Man, you know as well as I do that their intentions are to dig deep to try and push people over the edge. Come on man. Has nothing to do with the matter of opinion. I'm fine with a matter of opinion. If someone feels like the warmer regime is going to take over because of what they're seeing then I wouldn't argue with that. A couple of these people are not doing that. Anyway, let's just agree to disagree. In the end most of us are here to discuss what's going to be happening with the weather in the upcoming months ahead. Let's hope for everything that we would like to see, which is snow lol

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

aren't most of us grown ups here? I mean who gives a rats ass if someone gives you or someone else a like? 

unless i missed something and i time-warped back to high school.

i throw around the like/weenie/confused/thanks/sad thing like candy-and I would be willing to bet that 95% of the ppl here don't give a crap whether I give them a weenie or a like.

Like these 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Man, you know as well as I do that their intentions are to dig deep to try and push people over the edge. Come on man. Has nothing to do with the matter of opinion. I'm fine with a matter of opinion. If someone feels like the warmer regime is going to take over because of what they're seeing then I wouldn't argue with that. A couple of these people are not doing that. Anyway, let's just agree to disagree. In the end most of us are here to discuss what's going to be happening with the weather in the upcoming months ahead. Let's hope for everything that we would like to see, which is snow lol

It is a matter of opinion... they really do believe that the west Pacific warm pool has altered the hemispheric pattern moving forward 

• Like 2

On 12/7/2023 at 5:25 PM, FXWX said:

Folks should go and read David Ludlum New England Weather Book... Wonderful sections on the winters of the 1700/1800 time span... You will come across quotes from journals and diaries written back then complaining about the lack of cold and snow compared to past winters...   

My Amazon order for this book got cancelled.  No reason given. :thumbsdown:  Not sure what this means for winter...

15 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

fascinating video.  country boys with big crosses trying to get laid, women with not a lot of clothes on, a spring break crowd, and the hand motions of the musicians look like rappers.  America for sure.

Multi millionaires . I mean every group has a targeted audience.  Not sure what you mean.

• Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Multi millionaires . I mean every group has a targeted audience.  Not sure what you mean.

I am always struck by how, in this country, we pull together so many different strands all the time.  We are, at our best, a living breathing example of the value of diversity.  We are unlike any other country in this way, and I think it is my favorite part of being American.

If I want to link it to weather, which I should, it is the diversity of the weather here that I like the best.  We have been spending a lot of time in Bogota...which is a great country, but there is very little variety in the weather, and that is boring.  Up here we have variety, and unpredictability.  Love it.

• Like 4