Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, brooklynwx99 said:

it’s also worth noting that high amplitude passes though 5-6-7 can also help lead to SPV warming

I know you’re not implying this but I hate to start SPV watch in an effort to save winter. There are so many different outcomes with a weakening SPV which makes it hard to speculate. 

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

"Short wave is deamplifying as it traverses the area, therefore expecting mainly light rain with rainfall totals only 0.01 to 0.10. A few spots could receive up to 0.25 inches, but not expecting any poor drainage/street flooding. Dew pts climb into the 40s tonight across RI and southeast MA. Thus, a mild night but these high dew pts likely result in areas of fog. Cooler across CT into western- central MA, but most locations remain above freezing, therefore not expecting any icy spots."

Why would you expect flooding with a quarter inch of rain?

Exactly!  That's why they said it! :P

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

I know you’re not implying this but I hate to start SPV watch in an effort to save winter. There are so many different outcomes with a weakening SPV which makes it hard to speculate. 

save winter? no, but it just builds the case for string blocking later in the year is all. the Pacific was supposed to be pretty uncooperative early on and should get better late month.

i’ve really only seen good things so far… the things that have been bad have also been sorta expected

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Who needs to save winter lol? I don’t understand why you come in here, and say these type of things?  Winter doesn’t start until 12/21.  And if you want to go by MET winter it started a few hrs ago.  We are progressing along just fine. All of this has been discussed and is/was expected. 

I assure you, this isn’t last winter..at all.  So relax and stop following folks that are confused, and always have been. You like every one of the posters that are just trolling and contributing very little. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

This Winter??? Lol

Today we just start meteorological winter, an official winter. Is the 21st. Come on man? You know better than that..

Kevin always prematurely starts winter around Halloween. 

29 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

save winter? no, but it just builds the case for string blocking later in the year is all. the Pacific was supposed to be pretty uncooperative early on and should get better late month.

i’ve really only seen good things so far… the things that have been bad have also been sorta expected

I pretty much saw unanimous meh Decembers in all the outlooks.

But I’m actually thinking we might get an event or two this month. Late month looks good and I wouldnt quite sleep yet in that Dec 7-10 period either.  

• Like 7