• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

We all feel cold this morning. CON hit 15° but that’s 10° warmer than the record low of 5°. The record high for today is 69°…I feel like we would treat a day near 60° as nbd this time of year.

Agreed…but after what happened in Oct and the Oct calls for a Nov furnace by some, a possible BN month and an actual winter feel is a welcome change.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We all feel cold this morning. CON hit 15° but that’s 10° warmer than the record low of 5°. The record high for today is 69°…I feel like we would treat a day near 60° as nbd this time of year.

We'll be low 60s probably Thursday and Friday lol. Well SNE anyways.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

We tried to explain this last week…but some just wouldn’t listen. Said we were triggered, and putting up defense mechanisms when we said that it was still a ways out, and modeling was very volatile.  

Ya Hate to see it. 

If we somehow go AN for the month, it's because the cold is dumped out west which ironically is a Nina look vs Nino. We actually have a shot at a BN November...but TBD after Thanksgiving. Will also depend on how next week goes. Still looks a little mild for a few days, although not a torch.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If we somehow go AN for the month, it's because the cold is dumped out west which ironically is a Nina look vs Nino. We actually have a shot at a BN November...but TBD after Thanksgiving. Will also depend on how next week goes. Still looks a little mild for a few days, although not a torch.

Next week looks rather complex, especially with that signal for a cut-off to develop across the southern states. Just looking at the GFS though, taken verbatim, I wouldn't be shocked if we ended up with more of a trough into the Northeast next week and after this weekend/early next weeks shot of colder air, the remainder of the week remains on the cooler side. Seems like the split flow in the E PAC kind of hurts us from being colder? 

gfs_z500a_nhem_41.png 

Where does the month stand so far?

23 minutes ago, Bryan63 said:

Better off to look at 50mb and also visuals. I looked at the EPS and the vortex had ridges and troughs with a trough down into the CONUS. At least on the EPS it did not seem to be a torch look. A concentric 50mb vortex in Siberia would be more of a potential milder look.

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

-1.2F at MVL here.

-2.2 at MPV.

-3.1 at BTV.

I still feel MVL is drifting a bit warm compared to local PWS (relative to how it’s been in the past) but it’s still within reasonable.

3.1° BN here thru yesterday and today will push that down a bit, but only 0.24" precip - month averages 4.27".