Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Novie has been one of those months that has been relatively chilly the last decade and bucked the overall warming trend.

October was like for a long time. Between like 1930-2010, ORH had like no temp trend in October. But then the 2010s went furnace lol. 

Op GFS the last few cycles have had some pretty interesting runs for the back half of Nov, Really have not looked at very much so far this season, But i'm going to start looking at models and there ensembles going forward as we're approaching the second half but there looks to be a few wintry chances going forward for some here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

October was like for a long time. Between like 1930-2010, ORH had like no temp trend in October. But then the 2010s went furnace lol. 

Not to be contrarian but personally?  I prefer to think of since 2000 ( really -) as the era whence Octobers (really autumns in general ) went rogue.

You're not wrong with 'furnace,' but ... in that same era, I've seen something like 1/3 to 1/2 of Octobers host an actual snow-in-air event, too.  Granted I'm not elderly, but prior to 2000, snow in October was just about unheard of outside of exceedingly rare scenarios in my ages living in either Michigan or New England. 

Both warm and cryo(cold) have been featured. It's really been a saga about enhanced variance - wide ranging.   Novembers for that matter too -

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it was toast inside of 495 by Tday....we had prob like 75-80% cover here, but it was completely full in ORH...but like 5 miles east of here was almost completely bare.

Even the next day a lot of it compacted due to rain. The snow actually didn't have a lot of water content when it fell, even here. Was a fairly fluffy 32.1F snow.

6 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just keep that GFS storm next week please. We need this so badly for excitement . Euro has a cutter as well . Maybe we can gin up a nice strong screamer. 

Yeah, with the very boring and dry pattern for perhaps months, we need a strong cutter to liven things up and take stuff down. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1