Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

13 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That high pressure over Greenland is a semi permanent climate feature, particularly at this time of year and through the winter. It’s there because of intense cooling over the entire span of the ice cap. It produces an intense cold air inversion with cold density  building - this also induces downward vertical motion over top as well because of divergence in the cold layer which also feeds back and raising surface pressure some

Gracias

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

A week off..could be fine/dry by the time that timeframe gets here.  

I just like that we’re not torching through November. Of course, we could flip for December but seeing some solid cold around Canada and our region gives me some hope it’s not a disastrous December. 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Let’s knock out all power like the gfs has before thanksgiving. 

Have you noticed that?   I was just thinking about this the other day.  We haven't had a good synoptic wind cleanse in a while.  Typically in the autumn at some point you get a deep one rolling up and around the backside we get one of those pan regional 55 mph CAA wind advisory events.   Seems it's been an unusually long while since that's happened. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Have you noticed that?   I was just thinking about this the other day.  We haven't had a good synoptic wind cleanse in a while.  Typically in the autumn at some point you get a deep one rolling up and around the backside we get one of those pan regional 55 mph CAA wind advisory events.   Seems it's been an unusually long while since that's happened. 

We want every tree and wire downed this holiday 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I would think any mountains planning to open in November that aren’t blowing snow right now need to get their shiat together 

Mansfield is still weak down in the lowest 300-400 verts… the top 1,600 vertical is pretty stout.

That’s the problem with top-to-bottom openings… the base area runout is usually the hold-up at 1500-1800ft elevation.  While above 2,500ft looks like this.

86F59158-2164-48DA-97EA-271B28D2E75E.thumb.jpeg.b709fa0c85e8afe3258a4720dd1f0674.jpeg

AFBA4DAB-BA23-42DB-AD31-F8A1EDD62CA2.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1