Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

44 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Those guys got hosed out of so much money with unscrupulous business practices by the studio.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

Above 1500’ decent storm? Would be nice for opening day Friday.

Honestly on that 18z GFS it would play out up here like many systems of that ilk… totals might be ok but it’s over like 36 hours or even more.  Get like 3-5” in WAA, then nothing for like 18 hours of drizzle or freezing drizzle and another 4-5” over 12 hours at the end as the deeper cold comes back in.

6 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

That week after Tday is looking more intriguing. Previously, we had the best cold coming in around Tday and the few days after with a cold (but moderating) pattern to close the month…but it seems the best cold will be that week now which helps increase the chances a little bit for a threat. 

Its still early for something big but can’t totally hate the EPS or GEFS look…

December 2. It'll probably rain or sleet here because there's a Christmas tree lighting and parade in the evening. Nothing like a cold rain outside on a Saturday evening.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Just a few days ago you could see ensembles trying to break down a potentially wintry pattern.  Now they’re showing reload.  If all this holds we could have a nice late November into the first part of December.

Wait…so TauntonBuzzkill might have jumped the gun, and was wrong???  Hmmm…was trying to explain this to those folks, but they said it was all a defense mechanism.  

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, wokeupthisam said:

Just cut the town's balsam today here at the Farm with the tree lighting set for Dec 1st.  Anything but cold rain, please...

town tree Nov 18 2023 v1.png

On examining those two pictures…is the one your cutting down on the right, the same as the one behind you guys at the left?  Because I keep looking at both those pictures, and the big deciduous tree branch pattern of the tree behind you guys in the left picture, doesn’t seem to match up with the big deciduous tree branch pattern of the tree behind you guys in the right hand picture?  

I know, stupid thing to look at, but it caught my attention as I looked at the two pictures. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

On examining those two pictures…is the one your cutting down on the right, the same as the one behind you guys at the left?  Because I keep looking at both those pictures, and the big deciduous tree branch pattern of the tree behind you guys in the left picture, doesn’t seem to match up with the big deciduous tree branch pattern of the tree behind you guys in the right hand picture?  

I know, stupid thing to look at, but it caught my attention as I looked at the two pictures. 

Yup, same tree, first pic with the group in front (I'm the poor old sod on the right) was taken upslope from the tree, might account for strange birch tree branch angle...  great day though, got me started in the spirit of the season - ready for more durable snow to come

24 minutes ago, wokeupthisam said:

Yup, same tree, first pic with the group in front (I'm the poor old sod on the right) was taken upslope from the tree, might account for strange birch tree branch angle...  great day though, got me started in the spirit of the season - ready for more durable snow to come

Actually I like your Carharte coat..looks great. 

So the birch trees in the background in both those pictures, are two different trees..?

It’s not even that the pattern is super unfavorable or anything, it’s just meh. An typical November pattern, nothing special. And climo for November (even late November) doesn’t support snow outside the far interior and elevations. You basically need everything to be perfect to snow at this time of year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'll take the under on 10:1 anywhere in Mass.

Maybe 7-8:1 for places starting as snow… but given the calendar and SWFE, along with a background cooler than normal November so far (even with the recent torch)… can’t really rule out the Berks/RT 2/ORH Hills for a burst of a couple inches of wet snow from warm frontal precipitation.

Agreed the ratios can be misleading, but the overall look would make one wonder about 500-1000ft+ at that latitude…those areas still seem in the game for wintry precip on the front end.  Dendrite’s CAD up into Maine is favored in this current synoptic look.

Yeah, it’s boring for the milder climate zones of the forum… but it’s a step in the right direction.  Climo progression.  It could be a torch.

Next runs could also rain everywhere to Canada, be weaker and more boring, or dig in and result in net gain for someone.  Money would be on more boring, as that is also climo.

• Like 1