Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discobs 2023

George BM

1 hour ago, Weather Will said:

Nice steady rain.  Third weekend in a row no watering needed.  We are in a definite transition from the dry summer pattern N and W of DC.

I still think we need a couple more region-wide storms here.  A lot of these events aside from Ophelia are still producing ticky tack/sporadic amounts of precip followed by several days of dry weather.  The storm track still seems to be too far north with the deep south feeling the impacts even more than we are.  It'll be interesting to see if the general overall pattern sticks through the winter...if so, there's gonna be a lot of time spent tracking Miller B's.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 87storms said:

I still think we need a couple more region-wide storms here.  A lot of these events aside from Ophelia are still producing ticky tack/sporadic amounts of precip followed by several days of dry weather.  The storm track still seems to be too far north with the deep south feeling the impacts even more than we are.  It'll be interesting to see if the general overall pattern sticks through the winter...if so, there's gonna be a lot of time spent tracking Miller B's.

Agreed that long term drought is still an issue, but my grass is greening up!  Light drizzle is perfect for my grass seed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Good thing this isn't a winter storm, because this sucks.  Got an early morning shower and not a drop since.  I could've gone hiking today.  Smh.

Classic weakening OV low with a transfer to coastal NC low, in a progressive flow. I might like it in winter, depending on cold air availability lol.

0.73".
Looks like the steadier rain is over. Probably some scattered showers overnight. Mention of thunder in the forecast, but not sure about that here. More likely to the east.

I’m pissed. We got a period of light rain in Loudoun…maybe an hour and they closed the fields for no reason all day and my sons game got cancelled. It was completely dry after 930

8 minutes ago, Ji said:

I’m pissed. We got a period of light rain in Loudoun…maybe an hour and they closed the fields for no reason all day and my sons game got cancelled. It was completely dry after 930

Someone fucked up. Guidance was pretty clearly depicting a precip dead zone out there.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ji said:

My son's flag football was canceled this morning  and they could of and should of played lol. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic