Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

18 minutes ago, rimetree said:

Can only hope we see more setups like this as the season progresses. Need a good NE 30 with gusts to 50 type storm along the coast. No more meandering double-barrel lows limping along south of Nantucket. 1.41 so far...56/56

Yes, Would be a nice long duration event with a parting gift with the ULL coming thru 18-24 hrs later.

24 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

Ehh...same result; I put up 5 day averages, so the first week of November is BN anyway you read it.  We knew the epo dump would be plains first.  I'm busting balls more than anything, and don't pretend to know anywhere near as much as the veteran posters and mets, but but you were full on sub tropical troll 5 days ago "It’s a furnaced look most of Nov . Hideous"  wearing shorts and having diarrhea while moving on Christmas, or something like that..  The start of Nov is 100 percent not a repeat of October.  It's right where we want it.  The rest of the month is tbd.

Your fingertips to Scooters ears . 

Would be quite the snower in the winter.

Base of ski area at a 2.64” storm total, and running 0.19”/hr upslope and gusting 30 NW.

Should have some upslope flow of some sort over the next like 24 hours.

1,500ft on east slope of Spine has had 1”+ more water than a few miles away here in town.  Office might beat home by 2” water by the end tomorrow late day.

This radar in winter makes the ski community feel things.  Standing wave from Spine wringing moisture out.

D99A246F-2F76-47A7-B352-6BDE9709F1A3.jpeg.366d8063e696e1b1262744b54b90644f.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Base of ski area at a 2.64” storm total, and running 0.19”/hr upslope and gusting 30 NW.

1,500ft on east slope of Spine has had 1”+ more water than a few miles away here in town.  Might beat town by 2” water by the end tomorrow late day.

This radar in winter makes the ski community feels things.  Standing wave from Spine wringing moisture out.

Just beautiful.  2 foot powder day, but with wind holds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

1,500ft on east slope of Spine has had 1”+ more water than a few miles away here in town.  Office might beat home by 2” water by the end tomorrow late day.

This radar in winter makes the ski community feel things.  Standing wave from Spine wringing moisture out.

At about 1.75” at my place since Friday around noon. 

10 minutes ago, mreaves said:

At about 1.75” at my place since Friday around noon. 

About the same here in the valley/town.  Ski area base now over 3”.

Definitely a bit of a :weenie: tonight and find this system very appealing in a cold season type of way.

The mountains seeing a similar synoptic rainfall to lower elevations, but it’s the long duration steady upslope lift that really pass the totals.

You get the initial large scale precip and then this more localized slow and steady upslope.  The mountains are in the “stat padding” portion of a cold season system.

4D90B803-F468-4BB4-BBAD-3E9843127EEE.jpeg.3c19de8c80d0898d5ec6ce8e849cf17a.jpeg

Euro op is still delaying the cold and would probably hold off my first freeze until 11/1. That would be another toasty day pre-Halloween in SNE. It’s still way out there, but a low forming around the continental divide there and moving up into Minny/northern Lakes wouldn’t be shocking and would set us up into another couple of days of SW flow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Euro op is still delaying the cold and would probably hold off my first freeze until 11/1. That would be another toasty day pre-Halloween in SNE. It’s still way out there, but a low forming around the continental divide there and moving up into Minny/northern Lakes wouldn’t be shocking and would set us up into another couple of days of SW flow.

From Growtober to Mowvember. 

26 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Another back off on the cold. It eventually will dump west of the apps and any cooling we get will be come from the southwest,, which modifies tremendously. We knew it 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Another back off on the cold. It eventually will dump west of the apps and any cooling we get will be come from the southwest,, which modifies tremendously. We knew it 

Kind of like the foliage Kev…it looks very nice here now…the colors just took a little longer this fall.  We sold off the foliage too quickly…I believe you’re doing the same here. The cool will come, let’s enjoy the nice weather this week. The November cool down is coming. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Kind of like the foliage Kev…it looks very nice here now…the colors just took a little longer this fall.  We sold off the foliage too quickly…I believe you’re doing the same here. The cool will come, let’s enjoy the nice weather this week. The November cool down is coming. 

All along we said the red maples looked good and they do. Everything eye ugly yellow and browns. Lack luster year