Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We had no blooms either. Zapped. Haven’t seen any new blooms though. 

Funny.... I had zero blooms on my three Hydrangeas as well. Very strange. 

I also have several dogwoods in my yard, and I had more berries this year than I've had in it the last three. The last time I had a lot of berries on the trees was when we first moved in. I remember We had a fair amount of snow that winter, We also have a huge amount of black walnuts that are falling from our black walnut tree. It's crazy, but I can almost shovel them up and put them in the wheel barrel .... so here's hoping for a normal Winter.

We still getting brandywine tomatoes, cherry peppers, anaheims, and scotch bonnets all doing great, dahlias blooming like crazy.  We did turn the basil into pesto by now... it doesn't love the mid/upper 30s... but most of the garden continues unabated for now, even as the last week has been slightly BN in the means.

24 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Down to 35°F this morning, Frost on the rooftops, That's a wrap on the hanging plant too.

Down to 39F by midnight would have certainly frosted or even froze, but we cannot time it right this fall so far.  Low stratus rolled in and up to 46F by 4am and NW flow orographic showers this morning.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Down to 39F by midnight would have certainly frosted or even froze, but we cannot time it right this fall so far.  Low stratus rolled in and up to 46F by 4am and NW flow orographic showers this morning.

We got down to 38.4° before the clouds rolled in. Haven’t seen any showers here but I’m sure that right about the time I decide to try and get 9 holes in the rain will come. 

1 hour ago, radarman said:

We still getting brandywine tomatoes, cherry peppers, anaheims, and scotch bonnets all doing great, dahlias blooming like crazy.  We did turn the basil into pesto by now... it doesn't love the mid/upper 30s... but most of the garden continues unabated for now, even as the last week has been slightly BN in the means.

Just noticed my Rose of Sharon are loaded with buds. 

Screenshot_20231015_105603_Gallery.jpg

2 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Funny.... I had zero blooms on my three Hydrangeas as well. Very strange. 

I also have several dogwoods in my yard, and I had more berries this year than I've had in it the last three. The last time I had a lot of berries on the trees was when we first moved in. I remember We had a fair amount of snow that winter, We also have a huge amount of black walnuts that are falling from our black walnut tree. It's crazy, but I can almost shovel them up and put them in the wheel barrel .... so here's hoping for a normal Winter.

That's what I've been doing with my hickory nuts, there's a ton this year, I'm mostly raking and shoveling shells, the squirrel colony take the nuts.

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Rain picked back up here around 5-6pm?

Been just a persistent light rain, only 0.07” this evening but has felt Iike October with mid-40s and wet leaves type of evening.

I’m sooooo sick of this weather. Went into North Conway yesterday, and it was great to see the sun. We have been stuck in clouds and rain for days :(