Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

11 hours ago, mreaves said:

Thank god. After the summer we had I was afraid we would run out of water. 

I know.  I only got 4.27 inches of rain in September which means I only got 38.5 between 6/1 and 9/30.  Seriously that is only 9.5 inches a month?  

10 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Going to be close here tonight, already down to 45° and the winds have gone calm..... at this point I would assume 32-35 by sunrise. Kill some mosquitoes please! Please leave my Dhalias go, they have just started another  round of flowering

We got down to 45F at 7:30pm… then it started raining again and we are back up to 52F.  Funny watching it drop when dry or no clouds, then showers move in and it’s back up again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alex said:

39F. Already been down to 30, so I don’t think tonight will be the coldest yet 

Yeah I don’t know if tonight will radiate that well.  Over this way it’s like cold season precip of light showers in lake effect streamers off Ontario on broad SW flow.  For the first time radar looked more cold season.

Flakes can’t be that far off for the 1500ft and above zones… within a couple weeks?  Graupel first.

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I don’t know if tonight will radiate that well.  Over this way it’s like cold season precip of light showers in lake effect streamers off Ontario on broad SW flow.  For the first time radar looked more cold season.

Flakes can’t be that far off for the 1500ft and above zones… within a couple weeks?  Graupel first.

Yeah we’ve been getting some drizzle too. Makes me wonder if there will be a bit of white tomorrow on the peaks. 

edit: looks like a bit of snow and freezing drizzle reported on MWN with 29F

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

43.5. it'll be nov before we hit 32

Maybe not this year….?  

Was at the Epping, NH Snowmobile show yesterday, what a massive event, was fabulous.  Met MReaves there…really a nice guy, and it’s always great to be able to meet the folks from the board in person.  

Very Excited for the upcoming winter/sledding season, now that October is moving along.  

• Like 1

Maybe not this year….?  

Was at the Epping, NH Snowmobile show yesterday, what a massive event, was fabulous.  Met MReaves there…really a nice guy, and it’s always great to be able to meet the folks from the board in person.  

Very Excited for the upcoming winter/sledding season, now that October is moving along.  
Bought my friends assault. After 30+ yrs on ski doo it was time for a change20231007_122700.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Bought my friends assault. After 30+ yrs on ski doo it was time for a change20231007_122700.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Wow. Nice looking. Congratulations. You got a big lug on that track(2”?).  Planning on doing a lot of boondocking?  My new sled should be in by the end of the month is what I hear… great time of year. 

It’s coming.  

• Like 1