Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

26 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

looks like super is off the table, so that's pretty good. I'm more worried about it not coupling effectively rather than it being a Pacific blowtorch

You still need to have some good luck on your side, Last year for many what could go wrong went wrong, I'll take a colder look and my chances on precip.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My point is that Miller A whiffs are an illustration of a main concern this season.

Main concern this season is more rain than normal and a mild winter in the means with Nino.

We’ll get storms that cut and rain, and some that suppress partly cloudy.  Both are concerns most winters, no?

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Main concern this season is more rain than normal and a mild winter in the means with Nino.

We’ll get storms that cut and rain, and some that suppress partly cloudy.  Both are concerns most winters, no?

I'm not that concerned about a blow torch....I mean, that Philosophy works if you just toss darts at a dart board, but I'm pretty confident it won't be your prototypical very warm el nino...at least not prohibitively so. Just want an active track for the area.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I need to see it. All this talk and hope every single year and absolutely no production of a decent season in the last half decade other than one near normal season. Show me the snow and a non-blowtorch season. 

I’ll also contend that it can get worse lol. It can always get worse 

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’ll also contend that it can get worse lol. It can always get worse 

It can, but I think it’d be hard. Even a fluke storm could make a season higher statistically. I do doubt we go worse than last year this season, but let’s see what things look like in late November.