• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Another big Sept rain event between roughly midnight Friday morning and midnight Sunday morning (bulk 9/29-30/2023)

wdrag

8 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Still in moderate rain now with this back building. If this keeps up maybe we hit 5” out here too

back to heavy rain and thunder and lightning again. 

Weird, it’s like the line is being fed by energy rolling in off the ocean from the east. 

24 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Still in moderate rain now with this back building. If this keeps up maybe we hit 5” out here too

back to heavy rain and thunder and lightning again. 

Was still moderate a few minutes ago here despite the radar having it very light. Radar estimates 4” here but I’m probably a good bit over. Street that’s downhill from me is flooded pretty good. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Was still moderate a few minutes ago here despite the radar having it very light. Radar estimates 4” here but I’m probably a good bit over. Street that’s downhill from me is flooded pretty good. 

Rain hasn’t let up. Band just sitting here. Interesting to see if it moves back west 

1 hour ago, wdrag said:

Homelife leaves me out of the loop but you're probably aware CP  TOP8 or 9 DAILY rainfall ever (not just Sept).

Please correct me if I'm wrong....

Thanks,

Walt

This will also mean half of the ten wettest days in the Park's history have been in the last 24 years.

• Like 1

3 basements on my former street in Long Beach badly flooded. Sump pumps going gangbusters. Some flooded out cars too. It was a nightmare there this afternoon. Kids were waiting to be picked up from school in knee high water. When the drainage system goes bust there which I saw a few times especially in Aug 2011, the city floods pretty fast. Unfortunately some of the same places flooded in the December torch to freeze nor'easter. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

3 basements on my former street in Long Beach badly flooded. Sump pumps going gangbusters. Some flooded out cars too. It was a nightmare there this afternoon. Kids were waiting to be picked up from school in knee high water. When the drainage system goes bust there which I saw a few times especially in Aug 2011, the city floods pretty fast. Unfortunately some of the same places flooded in the December torch to freeze nor'easter. 

Some places just shouldn’t be inhabited…