• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

18 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup..all boredom here. F’n Sucks. The Hurricane drought goes on for SNE…ya hate to see it. Absolutely Nothing to look forward to in the weather department for quite a while. 

Ya’ll need more hobbies lol. When the weather is “boring” there’s like 50 things I can do but I can’t do them all, just not enough time. 

Big text just came thru from Eversource so don’t get angry too soon:

Eversource: We are tracking Hurricane Lee and preparing to respond to potential damage and outages in CT this weekend. Monitor the forecast and be prepared. See storm center: Eversource.com. Support 8002862000

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

Not SO sure I’m out of the woods with this one…NE (offshore wind) should reduce storm surge/erosion impact (for my SW facing shoreline) but shallow rooted spruce/balsam tree damage along the rocky upper DownEast, Maine coastline will be significant‼️

IMG_2196.jpeg

foreground looks a lot like @Lava Rock yard

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ya’ll need more hobbies lol. When the weather is “boring” there’s like 50 things I can do but I can’t do them all, just not enough time. 

Big text just came thru from Eversource so don’t get angry too soon:

Eversource: We are tracking Hurricane Lee and preparing to respond to potential damage and outages in CT this weekend. Monitor the forecast and be prepared. See storm center: Eversource.com. Support 8002862000

Oh I Got plenty to do bud…just like exciting weather is all.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup..all boredom here. F’n Sucks. The Hurricane drought goes on for SNE…ya hate to see it. Absolutely Nothing to look forward to in the weather department for quite a while. 

Awesome let's go at least another 25 then I can die and you can enjoy 3 months of absolute disaster from a stronger 38. People have no clue. I absolutely love the weather and storms but duck that

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lee had one Incredible day last Friday….that’s pretty much been it. Somewhat of a disappointment in regards to a powerful cane since then. 

It lasted 12 hrs and went to shit. Funny thing is that SHIPS did show some shear and marginal dry air too. But everyone whacked it to warm SSTs and the intensity was greatly overdone. Yes the water is warmer than normal....much above in some areas. But there is so much more to hurricanes than warm water. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Awesome let's go at least another 25 then I can die and you can enjoy 3 months of absolute disaster from a stronger 38. People have no clue. I absolutely love the weather and storms but duck that

Not denying it wouldn’t suck afterwards…but I’d take my chances.  I think you’d be pretty excited if a big one was on the way, even knowing it would suck afterwards.  I know I would. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It lasted 12 hrs and went to shit. Funny thing is that SHIPS did show some shear and marginal dry air too. But everyone whacked it to warm SSTs and the intensity was greatly overdone. Yes the water is warmer than normal....much above in some areas. But there is so much more to hurricanes than warm water. 

Yes..for sure. 

• Weenie 1