Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,529
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    christians
    Newest Member
    christians
    Joined

Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?


WxWatcher007
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’m interested to see the coastal flooding for this from the surge , I think it’s a wildcard to a degree , that is where I think any damage may surprise to the upside , literally on the beach .
 

The circulation Is huge and If that backs in enough to get onshore winds to gale force with the giant wave action on top , that is really and has really been my area of excitement / concern / interest .  

Yes mine too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’m interested to see the coastal flooding for this from the surge , I think it’s a wildcard to a degree , that is where I think any damage may surprise to the upside , literally on the beach .
 

The circulation Is huge and If that backs in enough to get onshore winds to gale force with the giant wave action on top , that is really and has really been my area of excitement / concern / interest .  

This could be a major concern in eastern facing areas, especially along the coast of Maine.  Even though this will be nor'easter strength when it's decaying east of Maine Lee's remnants will probably have more ability to generate coastal flooding because of its strength and size before it begins to wind down.  This is probably of more significance than wherever Lee's remnants make landfall.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

This could be a major concern in eastern facing areas, especially along the coast of Maine.  Even though this will be nor'easter strength when it's decaying east of Maine Lee's remnants will probably have more ability to generate coastal flooding because of its strength and size before it begins to wind down.  This is probably of more significance than wherever Lee's remnants make landfall.

It’s displacing a lot of water before it weakens while on approach.  The ocean will be responding, even away from the storm.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’m interested to see the coastal flooding for this from the surge , I think it’s a wildcard to a degree , that is where I think any damage may surprise to the upside , literally on the beach .
 

The circulation Is huge and If that backs in enough to get onshore winds to gale force with the giant wave action on top , that is really and has really been my area of excitement / concern / interest .  

Yes. Agree.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep they’ll blow. Closer to center. 

My bestfriend/roommate from college got a job on TV in Portland several months back (his second stint in Maine). He's pretty pumped...he's going to get to do live storm coverage. He's gone out in some snowstorms but his first taste with tropical. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

My bestfriend/roommate from college got a job on TV in Portland several months back (his second stint in Maine). He's pretty pumped...he's going to get to do live storm coverage. He's gone out in some snowstorms but his first taste with tropical. 

Probably his only chance to cover tropical in Maine.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, bristolri_wx said:

Took me 15 minutes to figure out WTF this guy was talking about in relation to Tropical Tidbits. To think in my younger days I would watch the Long Ranger on Accuweather Pro to get his opinions, lol...

Back then he was far different. He wrote a blog on the Accuweather site that was worth reading.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

NW wind probably limit splash over? But will be big waves 

I honestly think this keeps ticking more progressive and is probably in Cape Sable by early pm and surf will be muted in NH (like currently at jeffreys ledge bouy) as there is less and less of a slow NW capture . Most swells in NH from the SE get somewhat shadowed by upper outer cape and they need ESE angle 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

My bestfriend/roommate from college got a job on TV in Portland several months back (his second stint in Maine). He's pretty pumped...he's going to get to do live storm coverage. He's gone out in some snowstorms but his first taste with tropical. 

Who is it? CBS13, NBC6 or ABC8?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

My bestfriend/roommate from college got a job on TV in Portland several months back (his second stint in Maine). He's pretty pumped...he's going to get to do live storm coverage. He's gone out in some snowstorms but his first taste with tropical. 

Nothing like it, prepare to be soaked though lol 

It slid east, and it happens. A lot. Best of luck to the Mainers and Canadians. 

This has been my best peak season forecast yet. With Nigel coming (hopefully not a MH lol) and then a possible break after the 20th, I’m spot on so far. MDR may stay frisky though if the wave train doesn’t slow down as much as anticipated. 

I think we turn to an abbreviated homebrew and hybrid season :wub:  in October. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...