Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lee banter thread

Will - Rutgers

7 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i don’t give a fuck about that little guy

Good evening Will. You probably would have had less of a reaction if you had substituted ‘aerial copulation’ for the F word. Now the little ones relatives are all riled up. Stay well and forky may not forgive you fo awhile. As always ….

IMG_6730.png

• Haha 1

I didn't mean to trigger anyone the other day with my post about climate change alarmists. 

In 2005, 2007, and 2008, I had the privilege of speaking to the late great Dr. William Gray from Colorado State University. He empathized that hurricanes are controlled by things such as the thermohaline circulation, which has an impact on the AMO and hurricane activity. He was adamant about climate change not playing any role, or at least not enough of a role for us to take our eye off using funds towards tools to forecast hurricanes instead of combating climate change.

I guess I've spent the last 15 years trying to take Dr. Gray's advice to heart, given that he was the gold-standard as the lead hurricane forecaster for decades. (If you spoke to Einstein about theoretical physics, would you take his word or the word of someone on Twitter who likely has some kind of agenda?) So I get frustrated when I see people using every developing hurricane as a weapon for any kind of "I told you so" agenda with regards to climate change. Once you hear the facts from someone like Dr. William Gray, I find it difficult for anyone to convince me otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

54 minutes ago, Floydbuster said:

I didn't mean to trigger anyone the other day with my post about climate change alarmists. 

In 2005, 2007, and 2008, I had the privilege of speaking to the late great Dr. William Gray from Colorado State University. He empathized that hurricanes are controlled by things such as the thermohaline circulation, which has an impact on the AMO and hurricane activity. He was adamant about climate change not playing any role, or at least not enough of a role for us to take our eye off using funds towards tools to forecast hurricanes instead of combating climate change.

I guess I've spent the last 15 years trying to take Dr. Gray's advice to heart, given that he was the gold-standard as the lead hurricane forecaster for decades. (If you spoke to Einstein about theoretical physics, would you take his word or the word of someone on Twitter who likely has some kind of agenda?) So I get frustrated when I see people using every developing hurricane as a weapon for any kind of "I told you so" agenda with regards to climate change. Once you hear the facts from someone like Dr. William Gray, I find it difficult for anyone to convince me otherwise. 

einstein was wrong about quantum randomness

but i wish i would’ve gotten the chance to speak with him as well

2 hours ago, rclab said:

Good evening Will. You probably would have had less of a reaction if you had substituted ‘aerial copulation’ for the F word. Now the little ones relatives are all riled up. Stay well and forky may not forgive you fo awhile. As always ….

IMG_6730.png

it’s a chicken mcnugget standing on two popsicle sticks it’s begging for some buffalo sauce

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KPITSnow said:

And people like Metfan who got pretty wrecked in sandy wish casting a cat 4 into Long Island 

A cat 4 into long island? Nah let's get this baby to track up the NY harbor :D

All jokes aside, as someone who can't chase hurricanes, I'd love to experience a cat 3-4 up here in my lifetime. I don't wish it but I won't deny my excitement should it happen

• Weenie 1