Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Autumn 2023 Banter

bristolri_wx

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

We had about an inch on some of the bigger ponds/lakes last cold snap but thats gone, looks like maybe in the next week can start to get some decent ice.

Hoping. I'm not a huge ice fisherman but it's nice to get out at least once a year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, qg_omega said:

It’s been a historic warm winter, almost no lake ice anywhere in the northeast and Great Lakes, don’t understand the spin by the same people

I just went this weekend in central NH, 6"

• Like 2

I took the kiddo to the American Heritage Museum in Hudson, MA today.  What an amazing collection of military vehicles.  Mind boggling really, highly recommend if you are a military buff or even mildly interested.  It's relatively new and all cultivated from a private collection.  Incredible and under the radar, there were maybe 40-50 other people there.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I took the kiddo to the American Heritage Museum in Hudson, MA today.  What an amazing collection of military vehicles.  Mind boggling really, highly recommend if you are a military buff or even mildly interested.  It's relatively new and all cultivated from a private collection.  Incredible and under the radar, there were maybe 40-50 other people there.

Agreed. It's a pretty cool place. Almost too much to see.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

D4C4A03A-FA72-4481-9711-8DE2FB41C51A.jpeg.f37a36b9b8b7b300e467dcf546134fd5.jpeg65417C2E-8925-4EEE-AD29-D3E346372E7E.jpeg.381db4a816c890f59936ca1ffe69cebb.jpegBC0AE4B5-E917-4F88-8D13-AB7FEFB2173B.jpeg.13219dd8308da5f3ec6bc64063c04365.jpeg

• Like 9

AFC games were as expected, NFC not so much, come within a late score of dogs going 3-for-3.  The Cowboys' playoff miseries aren't that much of a surprise, but no one expected the 10-1 Eagles to crash, and lose 6-of-7.  And getting blown out by a team that needed a week 18 win to even be in the game.  The Philly DC needs to teach the guys how to tackle.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 1:52 PM, Spanks45 said:

That's pretty ugly....guess it is hard to say if the past 2 years is a trend or just a crappy 2 year winter pattern. Persistence for the win or loss depending on what side of the fence you are on...interesting how that area of higher heights on the east coast through the north Atlantic tends to run north of the gulf stream

I think it’s a shitty short term pattern but with some overall long term trends in the background. 

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Theres been wind and heavy wet snow in several events this winter.  We had a weekly pasting event for like 3 weeks in a row in Nov/Dec.

99% of this season's tree damage came on Dec 18.  We get a gust to near 50 every few years, but that day the gusts continued from 10 AM thru 2 PM.

What were the factors that made March 1956 so prolific? Was the setup similar to Feb 2015? Its hard to believe that it produced the same amount of snow in PVD as Feb 2015 did. I can't imagine us being able to get that much of a cold stretch so late in the season and for it to produce as much snow as it did. I'm sure that most of us on here would give our left nut for a repeat of either.

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

We got slammed here in Buffalo 70-85” this week in hardest hit areas, 76” here 

56002FB1-6697-4434-909C-A5C230F5AA05.jpeg

That’s incredible! There’s probably gonna be a lot of sore backs and knees in that area for the next several days. Hopefully you guys can catch a break very soon.

• Like 1

Well this was scary. I’m visiting my mom in the hospital and all of a sudden I smell something burning so I’m checking around the room and go into the hall. Then I turn back into the room and smoke started pouring out from the ceiling vent. Thank God I was there…it was pretty quiet on the floor. She’s on oxygen too which could have been extremely bad. 

• Sad 4

11 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Well this was scary. I’m visiting my mom in the hospital and all of a sudden I smell something burning so I’m checking around the room and go into the hall. Then I turn back into the room and smoke started pouring out from the ceiling vent. Thank God I was there…it was pretty quiet on the floor. She’s on oxygen too which could have been extremely bad. 

Sorry to hear your mom is in the hospital, hoping for a speedy recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

What caused the smoke?

4 hours ago, GWR said:

Sorry to hear your mom is in the hospital, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Thank you! Unfortunately, this is not something she will recover from so it’s the stage of just being comfortable. 

3 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

What caused the smoke?

Not really sure. It smelled like plastic burning or something even worse. 

• Sad 4