Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Autumn 2023 Banter

bristolri_wx

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

He’s making 20 mil a year and the product has been Meh and now garbage since Brady left .

It’s a business and now Bill gets the business end of the boot 

I don't think he'd fire him mid-year and will let him finish out the season. The good news is we might get the highest draft pick in over 20 years.

35 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I don't think he'd fire him mid-year and will let him finish out the season. The good news is we might get the highest draft pick in over 20 years.

I can't wait to turn our high 1st into a low 1st and 2nd in 24 and another 1st in 25.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

The OL turned to crap in BB's 1st year here, and the resultant 5-11 finish brought in Richard Seymour.  IMO, the OL issues are at work again and Mac has lost confidence in it, such that he hears footsteps even when they're not coming.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tamarack said:

It seems strange, as they played close against 2 excellent teams in weeks 1-2 and were easily handling the Jets until late in the game.  In that one, the failed tush-push followed by a 4th-and-1 fraidy-cat punt from the Jets' 45 seemed to take the air out of the offense and it's never come back.  Then the D lost its 2 best players.  Murphy is alive and well in Foxboro.

I actually think Tua made the game against the Dolphins look closer than it should have been.  He's an exciting player but I still have reservations as a Dolphins fan.  Would I trade him for Mac Jones? No way in hell but he isn't the second coming of Dan Marino either.

39 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I can't wait to turn our high 1st into a low 1st and 2nd in 24 and another 1st in 25.

If a top QB isn't on the board, trading for multiple high picks is exactly what a team with bare cupboards should do.  Gonzalez looks like a legit, top 5 caliber pick stud, but even injury aside, one stud (non QB) doesn't do much for you.  Then it's just a matter of using the picks correctly.

9 minutes ago, radarman said:

If a top QB isn't on the board, trading for multiple high picks is exactly what a team with bare cupboards should do.  Gonzalez looks like a legit, top 5 caliber pick stud, but even injury aside, one stud (non QB) doesn't do much for you.  Then it's just a matter of using the picks correctly.

The post was sarcasm, but I don't disagree. There should be quite a few QB prospects entering this year that you should be able to get one with the trajectory you're on even if you trade down a bit. But our track record of drafting offensive talent has been terrible recently.

Kick Trent to the curb and get a stud at LT first because any QB you bring in here is going to be running for his life with this line.

• Like 3

It's simple, really.

You've had a lot of rain. You'll break records thru July 2024 with precip.

It dont take much for you to get snow in winter.

Therefore, every snow record in New England will be broken this low sun season. All that rain, will be snow.

This winter will make 2014-15, look like Miami, FL in January.

Ski resorts will set new records for snow too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, Jebman said:

It's simple, really.

You've had a lot of rain. You'll break records thru July 2024 with precip.

It dont take much for you to get snow in winter.

Therefore, every snow record in New England will be broken this low sun season. All that rain, will be snow.

This winter will make 2014-15, look like Miami, FL in January.

Ski resorts will set new records for snow too.

Do they have good Bud in Austin 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Dude needs to not bother witnesses.  In the past, I recall Turtleboy having some decent scoops on local stories, but this deal with messing with witnesses, and throwing out vailed threats through is blog is wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Dude needs to not bother witnesses.  In the past, I recall Turtleboy having some decent scoops on local stories, but this deal with messing with witnesses, and throwing out vailed threats through is blog is wrong.

Yeah that's where he slipped up.  He's got, IMO, truth on his side on this case.  He doesn't need to mess with the witnesses - only hurts his cause (and landed him in jail for a day).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

31 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Yeah that's where he slipped up.  He's got, IMO, truth on his side on this case.  He doesn't need to mess with the witnesses - only hurts his cause (and landed him in jail for a day).

Yeah, he needs to keep it on the up and up. I think he’s right on the story though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If this is true and it comes to light......there will be a massive house cleaning from MSP down to the town level. 

First amendment rights totally violated. Being loud and vocal is not witness intimidation. And what did they witness if nobody saw anything? The whole thing stinks as bad as Fall RiVer

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If this is true and it comes to light......there will be a massive house cleaning from MSP down to the town level. 

I mean, isn’t part of what happened yesterday about that? The most vocal source of opposition.

I usually roll my eyes over this type of stuff, but there seems to be a lot of smoke here.