Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

18 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow-NAMS went all in and everything else cut back at 18z   Maybe the morning ends up dry?

I expect a band to move through the day before it gets shunted east later so it will rain but the 5 day washout some were slam dunking is in big trouble.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Things you’d never dream about seeing until you’re out grilling and look over at Canadian neighbor.. shop vac ing acorns off lawn.

1EmhLnk.jpg

He might be on to something, I have a thousand hickory shells on my lawn and they're a pain to rake up. Squirrels take the nuts and leave the shells.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

He might be on to something, I have a thousand hickory shells on my lawn and they're a pain to rake up. Squirrels take the nuts and leave the shells.

I have 2 Hick trees in the back that hang over the lawn and the squirrels have been going apeshit on them up in the trees the last month. Chewed up shells everywhere. My tractor sucks most of it up thankfully. Living in the woods in an Oak forest is a tremendous amount of work 

Have you guys tried those nut gathering tools like the garden weasel? I’m tempted to get one for the acorns.

https://www.amazon.com/Weasel-95404-Gatherer-Magnolia-Resistant/dp/B08C23397X/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=acorn%2Bpicker%2Bupper&qid=1695425042&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

Reviews are a bit mixed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

They have one next door . The wife sometimes uses it . And she told me it does ok, but it takes a lot of time and doesn’t get the ones that are hammered deep into the soul/ grass. So I assume that’s why he broke the shop vac .

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Have you guys tried those nut gathering tools like the garden weasel? I’m tempted to get one for the acorns.

https://www.amazon.com/Weasel-95404-Gatherer-Magnolia-Resistant/dp/B08C23397X/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=acorn%2Bpicker%2Bupper&qid=1695425042&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

Reviews are a bit mixed

Saw someone this week using one, If you don’t ha a lot of them I think there ok, My BIL got one out of Canada to go on the back of his Kubota and it works great but he has a shit ton of them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Reviews are a bit mixed

Never knew they had a tool for that, I may try it. I may try the shop vac too when things dry out.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I have a feeling the NAM’s up to its NW bias. 

Not sure how the NAM wins against the blocking building down. 

True.  But all the meso models are wetter than the GFS.  GFS is kind of on its own at the moment, and even the 18z ensembles were wetter than the operational run.

Common sense forecast: most likely not as juicy as the NAM 3K and not as dry as the GFS.  Somewhere in the middle is the answer, though my gut feeling is that the mesos are picking something up that the GFS isn't seeing...