Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I don't know the specifics but I want to get brighter. Actually when I replaced my headlights a few years back I went brighter than what I had but it still really isn't enough. I don't want to get too bright because I know it can be very distracting (and blinding) for other drivers. 

You may want to look into LED bulbs as opposed to HID bulbs. HID's are brighter but the light is more focused BUT the risk of blinding an oncoming driver is higher.  Keep in mind that not all brands are equal. Check with your mechanic as to what may be the best option for you and your vehicle.  Also replacing bulbs/headlights can be very expensive depending on the vehicle. The Taurus Sho is notorious for that. 

Another important thing to do is to keep the interior and exterior of the windshield cleaned.  I wash the inside and outside of the windshield once a week. More often in the summer depending on the weather. An interior of a car can get very hot and that aids in forming a haze on the interior of a windshield. Also the interior parts of a car can aid in a haze forming on the windshield.

A microfiber towel works best to clean the inside of the windshield.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

You may want to look into LED bulbs as opposed to HID bulbs. HID's are brighter but the light is more focused BUT the risk of blinding an oncoming driver is higher.  Keep in mind that not all brands are equal. Check with your mechanic as to what may be the best option for you and your vehicle.  Also replacing bulbs/headlights can be very expensive depending on the vehicle. The Taurus Sho is notorious for that. 

Another important thing to do is to keep the interior and exterior of the windshield cleaned.  I wash the inside and outside of the windshield once a week. More often in the summer depending on the weather. An interior of a car can get very hot and that aids in forming a haze on the interior of a windshield. Also the interior parts of a car can aid in a haze forming on the windshield.

A microfiber towel works best to clean the inside of the windshield.

Thanks for the info here! 

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

looks like this event was maybe 30 to 40% over billed by models ? 

at least imby.  I was plannin' on 2.5" and I'm just now at an inch with radar shredded to showers not too far SW and moving this way.

Will depend on how much backside stuff develops from the synoptics. Usually models overdo that IMO in the warm season. But it's a potent s/w. I think the bigger totals are more towards the low center.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya…DST won’t be a full year thing. And that’s good. As others have mentioned, it will be the super late sunrises that will kill that idea.  Elementary kids going to school in the dark in the winter isn’t gonna fly these days.  I remember it as a kid one year we tried it…it never happened again. 

That might date you (unless there was more than one trial).  IIRC, the only year-round DST was done in response to the 1st Arab oil embargo, beginning in 1973 and lasting 2(?) years.  Also was the time of 55 mph limit, plus strong recommendations to save electricity by foregoing Christmas lights.  We traveled from BGR to family in NNJ for Christmas, and the near-total lack of nighttime color was sad.

About 0.1 after 5 hours of off & on light RA.  Heavier stuff will come this evening.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The stinger near NYC, maybe 9ish?

Otherwise not much before than I think.

Looks like we're waiting on a cyclogen thrust ... kind of like in coastals ( that actually work out for f'n change) in the winter when you get that 6" IB then the lull.Then the storm bombs and the CCB blossoms and if things work out you double the total or even exceed by some. 

That looks like the NAM trying to pull those mechanics off in a subtropical column.  We'll see... but the other guidance did have the sfc low tanking by 6 or so mb as it runs up over the inner Cape

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Rome, Naples, Amalfi coast and Pompeii, Sicily.  Home for a weekend and then to New Orleans for a conference.  Then home and hunker down for winter.

Visited all those except Sicily which I plan to do next time, you're gonna love the food and wine and the women are beautiful and very cosmopolitan.