Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discobs 2023

George BM

1 minute ago, Jrlg1181 said:

With the northern valley now getting more consistent rainfall , the drought bullseye seems to focusing on Augusta and Rockingham.... heavy rain to our west that won't move east , rain to our north and now heavy rain developing to our east and moving up 29 toward cville....

Your time is coming.  Hang in there. 

This is a way better event than i was expecting.  I think I'm one more good event away from declaring this drought dead.
Well over 1" and pouring again.

The rivers and streams are probably still gonna run low until we get a few good storms, but the grass might be greener this week than it has been all summer.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12Z EPS.  Storm to watch on the east coast next weekend.

IMG_1698.png

IMG_1699.png

Interesting, this despite a strong nina signal in the medium term: -pna with flat aleutian ridge until end of month. Is this a tropical depression or a subtropical low?

Worth noting an aleutian low tries to wedge its way in while a hint of STJ shows up in the long term ensembles.

3 hours ago, katabatic said:

.40" today and like @Wxtrix temps in the 50s with a lingering thick overcast. Sweatshirt and football weather FTW this afternoon! Came back from Richmond earlier today and the leaves in WV heading into Garrett County were just spectacular. 

edit: nice slug came thru this evening - up to .90”. This is the most in a calendar day in over a month. 

A complete bust yesterday as only .05" fell in the valley.  1.55"  40 miles to my west.

Next weekend, I must side with the GFS and GEM as blocking HP in the North Atlantic with weakness in the OHV sets the stage for an inland runner.

• mappy unpinned this topic