Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2023

Stormlover74

57 minutes ago, dWave said:

Was at the rockaways and the water was very warm, reminded me of those water temps near 80 we had in July. Felt a little warmer then back then tbh. My watch was showing 78 - 81.

Yeah that’s about right. I had a great day shark fishing right off the beach. If this site supported videos I have a great one of me fighting a black tip. Got it close to the life guard boat but only 30 pound test and it ran and snapped the line before I got it close enough. Multiple sharks and Cobia attacking huge football field schools of bunker. Whales and dolphins too 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

@LongBeachSurfFreakwhere were you? That's a pretty solid assortment of swimmy things. 

Disturbingly close to the swimming area at Jones beach. Like 100 yards offshore. My buddy almost got his hand bit off Throwing a live bunker off the boat and a shark was waiting. It did a big tail whip and soaked is in the boat.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

IMG_0992.jpeg

Hey, I know where that is! That's Landing Lane bridge, right? Just a few miles from me. Was just thinking how awesome it would be to watch today's storm roll in from the southeast way up in one of those buildings. Anyway, strong winds here too (sporadic downed branches), and 5+ minutes of hail, though most was rather small (smaller than dime from what I could tell). Around 0.70" in the bucket. Fun storm. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mgerb said:

Hey, I know where that is! That's Landing Lane bridge, right? Just a few miles from me. Was just thinking how awesome it would be to watch today's storm roll in from the southeast way up in one of those buildings. Anyway, strong winds here too (sporadic downed branches), and 5+ minutes of hail, though most was rather small (smaller than dime from what I could tell). Around 0.70" in the bucket. Fun storm. 

I was in Piscataway for that cell.  It was the most hail I've ever seen.  It lasted about 10 minutes.  I would say it was about moth ball sized with some larger

Screenshot_20230909_215943_Photos.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yeah that’s about right. I had a great day shark fishing right off the beach. If this site supported videos I have a great one of me fighting a black tip. Got it close to the life guard boat but only 30 pound test and it ran and snapped the line before I got it close enough. Multiple sharks and Cobia attacking huge football field schools of bunker. Whales and dolphins too 

I wasn’t there myself today, but saw multiple people posting videos of dolphins at Gilgo real close to the beach. 

3 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

You gotta put that on you tube or something. I heard a lifeguard today say he thought he saw a dolphin (probably) jumping out the water in the distance.

There's a video recently of a pod of dolphins swimming in the western LI Sound, between Rye and New Rochelle. A little surprised they would go so far into the Sound. There was a dolphin in the Bx River a few months ago so I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore. 

The next 8 days are averaging   73degs.(65/81) or +3.

Reached 83 here at 1pm.

Today:    76-80, wind variable, m. cloudy, Rain by 1pm., 71 tomorrow AM.

73*(96%RH) here at 7am.    77* at 10am-----Rain/TS-----70* at 11am.   76* at 2pm.     77* at 3pm.      85* at 5pm with a H.I. of 95---partial sun appeared about 3pm onward.    81* at 6pm.

• Like 1