• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2023

Stormlover74

The Euro did a nice job with the 98-100° peak heat in NJ. This is one of those rare times it was correct about the highest temperatures staying west of Newark. So the sensors close to the bay make it susceptible to sea breezes when interior sections can get warmer. Queens away from the sea breeze also made it to 98°. But the ASOS at LGA is right on the water so they were 2° cooler than Corona to the south which made it to 98°.

https://www.njweather.org/data/daily/455

Fort Dix
NJ 2023-09-07 USFS 100 71

Monthly Data for September 2023 for New Jersey
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
Name
Station Type
Highest Max Temperature 
TETERBORO AIRPORT WBAN 99
SOUTH JERSEY REGIONAL AIRPORT WBAN 98
Atlantic City Area ThreadEx 97
Newark Area ThreadEx 97
NEWARK LIBERTY INTL AP WBAN 97
ESTELL MANOR COOP 97
ATLANTIC CITY INTL AP WBAN 97

http://www.nysmesonet.org/networks/nyc

Corona 98

Monthly Data for September 2023 for New York
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
Name
Station Type
Highest Max Temperature 
LAGUARDIA AIRPORT WBAN 96
  • Like 1

The next 8 days are averaging   78degs.(72/85) or +8.

Reached just 86 here yesterday with a H.I. of 95.

Today:    84-88, wind e. to s., increasing clouds, Rain late?, 76 tomorrow AM.

77*(87%RH) here at 7am>>>FOG<0.25mi.     80* at 9am>>>fog mostly gone.      83* at Noon.       78* at 4pm---light rain since 2pm, w/o thunder.

I posted this in N n W but am putting this here also = What do you guys think about tomorrow (Saturday the 9th) as I am having people over my house for an afternoon / evening party from 2 pm onward and am looking at the models.....The "Mesos" are NOT showing a washout and that I might actual be able to luck out and stay mostly dry,,,,,,do I have a shot at this = thoughts ?

3 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

I posted this in N n W but am putting this here also = What do you guys think about tomorrow (Saturday the 9th) as I am having people over my house for an afternoon / evening party from 2 pm onward and am looking at the models.....The "Mesos" are NOT showing a washout and that I might actual be able to luck out and stay mostly dry,,,,,,do I have a shot at this = thoughts ?

Models have been horrible. I wouldn't cancel

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Holy dew point. Dews at 77 at ISP and FRG, 76 at JFK. High end stuff. Nasty out there

This is the 2nd highest September dew point reading on record at 78° here at KHVN. You  can really feel it when you go outside. 

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/plotting/auto/?_wait=no&q=155&network=CT_ASOS&zstation=HVN&var=max_dwpf&w=all&threshold=100&hour=12&sdate=0101&edate=1231&month=sep&_r=t&dpi=100&_fmt=png

4C75A413-E3F1-45B1-8F43-9BD0D0E23C5B.thumb.png.64aa3875c016cdd46357a3daa97b3c8f.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

HRRR really gets action going in northeast jersey and nyc this afternoon 

Latest HRRR has the storms popping up right over our area, but HRRR and the other models aren't showing a lot of activity for today. Very isolated, but there will be a few areas that get lucky with strong storms. Hoping to see something here. 

20 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

86 imby dew at 75 heat index 92

Going to Rutgers football tomorrow  night. Kick off at 730pm and tailgating at 430 pm. What does it look like. Ive heard models have been cutting back on widespread  qpf for Saturday

Yeah looks as if the activity tomorrow will be isolated. Enjoy the game! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winterwarlock said:

86 imby dew at 75 heat index 92

Going to Rutgers football tomorrow  night. Kick off at 730pm and tailgating at 430 pm. What does it look like. Ive heard models have been cutting back on widespread  qpf for Saturday

Enjoy the game! Need to win a game like this to be considered legitimate 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, psv88 said:

Holy dew point. Dews at 77 at ISP and FRG, 76 at JFK. High end stuff. Nasty out there

I’m south of you, recovering from a recent partial tear of my calf and was entertaining the thought of a jog to try to get it back into some kind of shape and felt the air, even at 7:30am, and said hell no. Even my mile-plus walk with the dog produced some sweat. 

• Like 1