Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

25 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Loss of shingles is upper end 100 mph, trees are sketchy damage indicators at best, I’ve never really seen them rated higher than 100 mph unless they’ve been debarked (and then you’ll have better damage indicators around). 

The winds weren’t nearly as strong but one of my favorite pictures from chasing Florence came from watching this roof across the street get walloped. 

D33lYYR.jpg

Hadn’t seen rainfall like that until…the 14.4”/hr rate here earlier this summer. :ph34r:

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, radarman said:

In this neck of the woods it's been absolutely the least impactful season in terms of wind I can recall in 20 years.  We were due for a dud.  Congrats to S CT, Cape Cod, and SEMA though.  You love to see it.  

I'll take the under, but certainly impressive regardless

Been a dud severe season in W MA.  Plenty of hydro issues tho’…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tunafish said:

always laugh when i see people letting their irrigation run while it's raining out.  America!

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

we used to have irrigation in our old house and there is a cork rain sensor that swells when it's wet and is supposed to shut the system off. Maybe their cork sensor is shot

big bad govt in my town is requiring owners of in-ground irrigation system to install a rain sensor to turn them off when it rains

my system has been turned off for weeks with all this rain, a bit more than 1.5 IMBY from this event

• Like 3