Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday, July 27, 2023 Severe Weather Potential

weatherwiz

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If we can get the sun to work on this atmosphere for awhile I think it’s a big day. The shear below 700 is extremely impressive. Like Wiz said, lapse rates are meh, so I think you want to maximize solar insolation to get the parcels to lift. 

Bright and sunny here at home now 

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If we can get the sun to work on this atmosphere for awhile I think it’s a big day. The shear below 700 is extremely impressive. Like Wiz said, lapse rates are meh, so I think you want to maximize solar insolation to get the parcels to lift. 

Scoots never goes big . When his weenie grow big.. we explode 

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Get in the basement big ?

• Like 1

All these fake model soundings I'm looking at are a bit weak with the low level winds.   But they do improve a bit as you head toward E CT/RI and adjacent MA.  Thinking primarily a straight line threat out here... which'd be about the only notable winds we've had all season.  But maybe a little more than that further SE.

1 minute ago, radarman said:

All these fake model soundings I'm looking at are a bit weak with the low level winds.   But they do improve a bit as you head toward E CT/RI and adjacent MA.  Thinking primarily a straight line threat out here... which'd be about the only notable winds we've had all season.  But maybe a little more than that further SE.

The other thing is a deamplifying s/w and not really any height falls. 

43 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

It was a legit clear sky t-storm. Not this morning dank we have. 

Cloudy. 70 and honestly cool out. 

It was partially tongue in cheek.  Clearing rapidly moved in that morning behind the storms vs today which is much slower and messier.  1 inch hail at 830 am was fun.  

3 minutes ago, JJBASHB said:

It was partially tongue in cheek.  Clearing rapidly moved in that morning behind the storms vs today which is much slower and messier.  1 inch hail at 830 am was fun.  

That was classic WF EML convection. My sister was on a plane at Logan with dimes raining down.

• Like 2