Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2023

George BM

Just now, BlizzardNole said:

A big 0.15 for the desert!  Better than nothing I guess

Sorry in advance but what my area needs is a tropical storm landfall in the NE gulf which tracks slowly up the east coast.  I'll need some of you to take one for the team and deal with 8-10 inch amounts so that I can get a 2" rainfall.

Sounds more interesting than what we've had in a hot minute. I'll do so gladly.

Currently 75/72 at IAD.

49 minutes ago, Wxtrix said:

84/76 with a thunderstorm literally splitting over my house.

24 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Another day, another shut out.  The only storms today formed north of winchester.

One of us three desert rats has to get lucky at some point! 

Got a small t-storm moving due east toward me....but usually they get pulled up along the high elevations in the NW part of the county towards Damascus.  We'll see

5 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Sun is back out. Maybe something pops up later? Not exactly holding my breath

Seriously. I'm tired of all of the threats of "heavy rain!" and "thunderstorms!" in the forecast....just not seeing it verify on radar, and anything of consequence on radar is already E/NE of us. I should've gone with my gut earlier and uncovered all of the patio furniture so we could, despite warmer temps/higher humidity, hang out there today....in fact, going out to uncover everything right now, and thumbing my nose at the LWX's scarily-worded forecast for tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

Seriously. I'm tired of all of the threats of "heavy rain!" and "thunderstorms!" in the forecast....just not seeing it verify on radar, and anything of consequence on radar is already E/NE of us. I should've gone with my gut earlier and uncovered all of the patio furniture so we could, despite warmer temps/higher humidity, hang out there today....in fact, going out to uncover everything right now, and thumbing my nose at the LWX's scarily-worded forecast for tonight.

This.  I chuckled when I read things like "90%" and "half to three quarters" and the severe thunderstorm watch LOL.  I'll be running the garden sprinklers later and have no concerns on plans to grill on the deck this evening  

• Like 1

Went over to mom’s house today in fairfax. Lots of cloud cover inhibited convection, and only at 4 pm a cell came over us. Non-severe. Decent downpour knocked temps back to low 80s. 

Drove back to ashburn at 5 pm, temps shot back up to 92 and sunny. It’s hot out. And dry as a bone. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic