Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2023

George BM

1 hour ago, Terpeast said:

Went over to mom’s house today in fairfax. Lots of cloud cover inhibited convection, and only at 4 pm a cell came over us. Non-severe. Decent downpour knocked temps back to low 80s. 

Drove back to ashburn at 5 pm, temps shot back up to 92 and sunny. It’s hot out. And dry as a bone. 

Yeah, the temps/DP have been impressive today. Currently 89/73, blue skies and a beautiful breeze. I'll take it!

3 hours ago, Terpeast said:

Went over to mom’s house today in fairfax. Lots of cloud cover inhibited convection, and only at 4 pm a cell came over us. Non-severe. Decent downpour knocked temps back to low 80s. 

Drove back to ashburn at 5 pm, temps shot back up to 92 and sunny. It’s hot out. And dry as a bone. 

that cell brought my temp down into the low 80s but also brought my dewpoint up to the low 80s lol

10 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

I see LWX dropped its laughable severe thunderstorm watch for this evening

The watch was entirely justified, IMO. Yesterday was one of those days where not everyone gets a storm, but if you get under one you're in trouble. Ridiculous CAPE and modest shear plus a bay breeze boundary or two = wet microburst potential. Honestly surprised there wasn't a tornado watch further northeast in PA. Some of the pictures coming out of there are rather impressive. Site build homes from the 70s with total failure of rooves and brick walls.

7 hours ago, Stormfly said:

I can breathe!

I can sweat, too. :DThis is as hot as any day this year so far ... at least for me. Walked to the store to stock up for the holiday, came back carrying two large bags, halfway home, it was like I'd spent the weekend inside Niagara Falls. Should have driven ....

• Haha 1

Morning clouds with no rain followed by afternoon clear skies and searing heat, and all the clouds and storms north of Winchester and points east.  Carbon copy of yesterday.  

I’ll call that dmv searing heat and raise you Las Vegas. Toasty out here today. Currently around 110/40 across the area. It’s prob the equivalent of 95/70 (maybe more). Gotta really hike/bike, etc. in the early morning or later in the day when it gets like this. Went on a mini hike at 10am and it was already starting to get spicy out.
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, 87storms said:

I’ll call that dmv searing heat and raise you Las Vegas. Toasty out here today. Currently around 110/40 across the area. It’s prob the equivalent of 95/70 (maybe more). Gotta really hike/bike, etc. in the early morning or later in the day when it gets like this. Went on a mini hike at 10am and it was already starting to get spicy out.

Yeah, that's hot.  No thanks.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic