Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

6 hours ago, mreaves said:

He doesn’t fit the cookie cutter image and sound the industry wants and pushes. Country seems like it’s where rock was in the 80’s. It pushes acts that fit the formula. That’s how we got hair metal. There are a lot of good country acts, like Hippy pointed out. You just don’t always find them on country radio as much as they should be. 

Modern radio country music today, is really pop/rock with a hillbilly twang. Of course that started with 70's Waylon Jennings, BW Stevenson, or early 80s Alabama (huge crossover, equal soft rock/country) but they were at least rooted in pure country.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mreaves said:

One of the underrated 80’s bands. Sad ending for Stuart Adamson. 

They were the band I always wanted to see live when I was young but never was able.

My only complaint about current country music that I run across on the radio is the amount of autotuning is odd to me for that genre in particular. 

• Like 1

Finally ...  a hot Euro solution in the east.   Not sure I trust it, but D8-10 would be near 90 eventually to 96 through the period.

So being that it's D8+ it's obviously not very dependable.  It's there nonetheless and I don't recall +20C+ SW heat release air ever being modeled to expand into across the mid lat continent, yet this summer. 

The GFS won't give up on the trough in that range, so no go. Instead sending new cold fronts ... It has persistence on its side.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, klw said:

They were the band I always wanted to see live when I was young but never was able.

My only complaint about current country music that I run across on the radio is the amount of autotuning is odd to me for that genre in particular. 

I mean all genres are using auto tuning or even worse backing tracks live; horrible trends. I am thankful to have grown up in a generation with true live music 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just once . Just one time is all we all ask for . 80-110 mph gusts for a few hours. 

Nope, part of the reason I am back in New England is hurricanes and prep that was required. In 8 years I have gone through, Matthew, Irma, worked Michael in the Pan Handle, Dorian (Sat 60 miles off shore from my town) and Ian….It’s more than just watching the wind!

12 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Do we actually have a nice weekend in store coming up?  I forgot what those were!

No … because apparently it’s going to be 82/58 in clouds of these needling mosquitos so dense they’re going to have to extend the air quality alerts 

2 hours ago, klw said:

Big Time! It's worst than the Black Eyed Peas use of it!! Modern country was awesome in the early/mid 90s and has slowly or not gone downhill ever since

15 minutes ago, NSwx said:

How weak are those trees ? It doesn’t even look like the wind is all that strong really. 

Newer houses maybe? Those tall trees were probably once protected from other trees around them. Newer construction diverting runoff towards the woods edge, combined with a ton of rain to begin with. A kid probably could have pushed them over if they tried hard enough....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Newer houses maybe? Those tall trees were probably once protected from other trees around them. Newer construction diverting runoff towards the woods edge, combined with a ton of rain to begin with. A kid probably could have pushed them over if they tried hard enough....

Yeah probably lost some of the root system so susceptible to those winds. 

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why can’t we get this?

that was probably exaggerated by an anomalously wet summer/soil moisture issue.   Interesting...

yeah, that would make the severe criteria for wind perhaps lower than normal before that kind of impact begins to occur.