Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

56 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. Stein is here for a bit it appears. Other than some SCT storms here or there. We'll be watering by the weekend. 

Sunday is COC. Stein lol you funny. Hasn't rained in 2 days here and the ground is still saturated. Could go 2 weeks now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Still soupy here.

Sort of ( here) ... it's like we shaved 5 to 7 F off the DP but we were so overwhelmingly anomalous the last 3 days or whatever, being 66 DP seems a lot cooler. 

That and the temperatures are also hanging around in the 70s this hour. 

We need a WNW wind d-sloping 55 DP air with +15C 850s, to send the T up to 86 under an unimpeded sun.

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Country is pretty easy to listen to.

Lyrics aren’t very deep. There’s very little hidden meanings or deciphering that needs to go on.  No one is creating thought-provoking music so its easy to see why people party to it.

Formula: Its always Friday, a weekend, or 5pm. Pick between beer or whiskey. My girl left me or there’s a new girl I want (I’ll tell you about it, don’t worry). Party in a field, down by the river or abandoned lot. Stars and Stripes or some flag reference mixed in.  Under the big sky. God. Getting drunk (happy or in sorrow). Pickup trucks (brand new or beat-up). We don’t need money; just a barn, booze, and friends. This is real living.

Copy that into an AI Bot and it’ll spit out a pop country song.

Roy Clark's "Yesterday when I was young" might've broken the mold for thoughtful country, though another (name unremembered) sang the most concise description of alcoholism I recall: "One drink is one too many, and a thousand not enough!"

Just once . Just one time is all we all ask for . 80-110 mph gusts for a few hours.

"A few hours" would probably mean a solid Cat 4 at landfall, Nassau and Suffolk Counties on separate islands?

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Sort of ( here) ... it's like we shaved 5 to 7 F off the DP but we were so overwhelmingly anomalous the last 3 days or whatever, being 66 DP seems a lot cooler. 

That and the temperatures are also hanging around in the 70s this hour. 

We need a WNW 57 DP air with +15 850s, to send the T up to 86 under and unimpeded sun.

Sunday

17 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Rather drastic differences between NAM/GFS for Friday 

The NAM has been much more sensitive with surface synoptics on that day... It keeps folding the sfc pp around such that the coastal plain from Maine to NYC is basically in a quasi bd air mass - but it's really like it's a "dry coastal low"  - even in the sky. I mean it may be partly sunny at ORH at 18z on some of these NAM versions, with a NE breeze holding Ts to the upper 60s to mid 70s ( low els). 

The GFS has less of that, and allows more of a static or COL low level/variable flow with probably more humidity.   Thus more instability.

Not sure... the NAM has superior resolution. But, the NAM also has a propensity to be overzealous with anything resembling cyclostrophic circulation manifolds in the general axis from Richmond VA to NS... I've talked about this in the past - when it has one of those savory snowy coastal inundation in the 72 hour range, and is farthest NW of most guidance, as a typical winter bias.  This smacks as some weird vague sort of echo of that bias happening in this troughy summer pattern.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The NAM has been much more sensitive with surface synoptics on that day... It keeps folding the sfc pp around such the coastal plain from Maine to NYC is basically in a quasi bd air mass - but it's really like it's a "dry coastal low"   I mean it may be partly sunny at ORH at 18z on the some of these NAM versions, with a NE breeze hold Ts to the upper 60s to mid 70s ( low els). 

The GFS has less of that, and allows more of a static or COL low level/variable flow with probably more humidity.   Thus more instability.

Not sure... the NAM has superior resolution. But, the NAM also has a propensity to be overzealous with anything resembling cyclostrophic circulations manifolds in the general axis from Richmond VA to NS...

I am almost inclined to side with the NAM because it looks like the whole frontal system becomes an occluded and weakening mess. With that, it still is certainly unstable and upper-level dynamics are pretty good so thinking we may at least some scattered downpours/thunder but may avoid more in the way of widespread downpours and thunder. 

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

After 11” of rain this month. No we won’t 

32 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I am begging for dry weather to avoid root rot, tomatoes turning black, fungus on buds. Need a solid week of no rain hot sun. Dry this bitch out.

I agree....want it dry for a week...started a few days ago. But with it hot...you'll see. top 3-4" will dry out quick. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I am begging for dry weather to avoid root rot, tomatoes turning black, fungus on buds. Need a solid week of no rain hot sun. Dry this bitch out.

Ground plants are struggling everywhere with all this rain, I'm already harvesting broccoli, cauliflower and blueberries.

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Of course. Take our boat out and stretch its legs. Been sitting too long

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Ha ha, I have a boat load already on Saturday, Will be 10 of us, Older crowd this go round, I'll message pics to you.....:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Huge blue berries. 

Those are the Patriot Variety which is an early and large blueberry, I have 6 plants, 2-Patriots, 2-Chandlers and 2-Elliot's, The Patriots are early, Chandler is mid and the Elliot's are a late smaller variety, This is one of the Elliot's.

71132491647__60AF596F-F92B-48F8-98EA-880CB65AC33F.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Those are the Patriot Variety which is an early and large blueberry, I have 6 plants, 2-Patriots, 2-Chandlers and 2-Elliot's, The Patriots are early, Chandler is mid and the Elliot's are a late smaller variety, This is one of the Elliot's.

we put some patriots in years ago in our flower beds with mulch and we almost never get any berries. we were told to put some pine wood chips around them to decrease the soil pH, but that didn't seem to work. Apparently, other than grass we can't get fruit to grow either.:lol:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, dryslot said:

nice cage, I need to do something like that, the birds and chipmunks get 99% of the berries off my two bushes.  Does it work to leep out the chipmunks too ?

37 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The Patriots are large and delicious. We have two plus two Northland. The strawberries have suffered this year though. Too much rain, and not enough sun to get them going.