Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

Just now, DavisStraight said:

You should check out the Nordic Lodge in Charlestown RI, all the lobsters you can eat, king crab legs, clams, oysters, mussels all kinds of meat, desserts. When I went it was $92 but I think it went up after Covid.  My brother in law ate 5 lobsters, I had an about 5 lbs of crab legs.

Yes, The Nordic Lodge is awesome!  Haven’t been in years, but it was fabulous when I went.  Prime Rib was great too. Seafood is incredible as you said. Gonna make a point to go again soon. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes, The Nordic Lodge is awesome!  Haven’t been in years, but it was fabulous when I went.  Prime Rib was great too. Seafood is incredible as you said. Gonna make a point to go again soon. 

I remember Custys in Warwick and the Nordic Lodge, both excellent of course I also remember when it was 27 bucks all you can eat. Too many days spent in those places.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Looks like the morning activity rumbling out out of the Tri-state area is just perfectly wrongly timed for generating instability over SNE....

It'll snuff out the fires of daytime heating passing thru between 9:30 and 12 ... and we won't recover in time.   It'll set us up for garbage at both ends.  The morning stuff will start weakening due to sun -up modulation of the sounding, but still residual light rain.  Then, with all the heat suppression, the storms later will die when they move back over SNE late in the day.  

It's interesting how much timing plays a roll in creating a situational negative feed-back.

'Course, I may be wrong about all this ... hahaha... It just looks at a glance like that complex is only going to f up an otherwise tasty look.

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looks like the morning activity rumbling out out of the Tri-state area is just perfectly wrongly timed for generating instability over SNE....

It'll snuff out the fires of daytime heating passing thru between 9:30 and 12 ... and we won't recover in time.   It'll set us up for garbage at both ends.  The morning stuff will start weakening due to sun -up modulation of the sounding, but still residual light rain.  Then, with all the heat suppression, the storms later will die when they move back over SNE late in the day.  

It's interesting how much timing plays a roll in creating a situational negative feed-back.

'Course, I may be wrong about all this ... hahaha... It just looks at a glance like that complex is only going to f up an otherwise tasty look.

Looks that way on latest meso guidance 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

This reminds me of 2 summers ago with all the storms and dews and shrooms. Might get 10-15” this month if modeling is anywhere near close to correct. Lol

I wouldn't mind a dry stretch. I didn't have this issue two summers ago and I had more rain then. Local stein, but still having issues with fungus.

• Like 1

Lots of thunder here and very dark as this cluster's nearly upon us...

But these are short duration rumbles, indicative of short range discharges - elevated/vil work.  The sky looks that way, too.  Has an overrunning texture/wave form out ahead.  

I was just checking DPs aft of this thing and from roughly SW CT down the coast they are elevated into the mid 70s. 

These observations lend to this being along a quasi warm front and at minimum the nose of a theta-e ridge.

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Always lean meh for convection in NE, That's the safest bet.

For sure.  We've had 9 days with thunder this year, above average for YTD, but 8 were very weak and the 9th not much better.  In 25+ years we've had no severe storms and only 2 that even came close, both in June - 2005 and last year.  The average summer has had 4-5 svr-warned TS and a tor watch every 2-3 years, plus the one tor warning about 10 years ago.  Nothing here (another weak TS) but significant damage to the east in St. Albans.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tamarack said:

For sure.  We've had 9 days with thunder this year, above average for YTD, but 8 were very weak and the 9th not much better.  In 25+ years we've had no severe storms and only 2 that even came close, both in June - 2005 and last year.  The average summer has had 4-5 svr-warned TS and a tor watch every 2-3 years, plus the one tor warning about 10 years ago.  Nothing here (another weak TS) but significant damage to the east in St. Albans.

I think i've had 3 and none were direct hits, 2 of them were off in a distant and 1 was DOA on arrival.

• Like 1