Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The radar is basically stationary.  Some of those towns along Route 44 and Route 7 in Connecticut are going to get washed out.

I know that area well from traveling to my dads in New Milford . Lots of rivers, bridges and low lying areas outside the hills. Might be 1-100 year type deal there 

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I know that area well from traveling to my dads in New Milford . Lots of rivers, bridges and low lying areas outside the hills. Might be 1-100 year type deal there 

Already maxed out at 200 year recurrence interval in Litchfield County on the in-house AWIPS display. 

MRMS estimating 4.5 inches or so in the last 3 hours, which is between 200 and 500 year average recurrence for that part of CT.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I wonder if the flood threat shifts east? Maybe it spares the worst in VT for now until tomorrow when Synoptics help them more. 

There has been a bit of a messenger shuffle in the heaviest QPF this evening when you dprog/dt the HRRR.

3 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

Being right on the edge now means we probably get crushed later 

I keep watching the radar for the first batches of precip to fire south of the LI sound. Especially if the stationary band starts to develop N to S....the atmosphere seems to be primed for heavy precip wherever it develops

8 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

There has been a bit of a messenger shuffle in the heaviest QPF this evening when you dprog/dt the HRRR.

I mean how much moisture is going to get past that wall from PA to SW NH. Some guidance is nailing VT tomorrow. 

I guess we’ll see. 

17 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I keep watching the radar for the first batches of precip to fire south of the LI sound. Especially if the stationary band starts to develop N to S....the atmosphere seems to be primed for heavy precip wherever it develops

It might also just slowly slide east. That might be where initial precip comes from.