• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

Areal flooding definitely in play along the small rivers and streams, not just flash flooding.  Base flow is already way high for this time of year.   Heck even the CT is up, walked over the bridge yesterday to check it out.  Looks like April levels.  Let's not have any big wet TS this year thanks.

20230708_193841_resize_7.jpg.3e0f02f2cecc1c001f5fdfde80f2daf1.jpg

20230708_193834_resize_0.jpg.30f4a73fb1cfc362cfd49be1f5e9f4f8.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, butterfish55 said:
11 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:
Oh good, My neighbors are celebrating the 8th of July with fireworks.. 

Looks like you'll be mowing at 6:30 tomorrow morning

Don't laugh I have a jerk neighbor who blasts his gas jet engine lawn blower at 630 on a Sunday.  Just happy I was up. He's far enough away from me but bet his other neighbor with the new baby doesn't appreciate it. Some people are jerks

• Sad 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Let’s get the creek behind PF into his condo.

The Goodrich falls just south of Jackson NH make a sound that is hard to describe when flooded, almost like a deep base at max volume. One of the more interesting places to visit during a massive flood.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, radarman said:

Even aside from the rain, the humid overcast and total lack of breeze is the absolute worst. 

Nice breeze today. I think I spent maybe 4 hrs each afternoon in the water. Ocean was outstanding Wed,surf was blown out but water was azure blue not a hint of seaweed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice breeze today. I think I spent maybe 4 hrs each afternoon in the water. Ocean was outstanding Wed,surf was blown out but water was azure blue not a hint of seaweed. 

Hit Long Sands in York yesterday morning, 10AM low tide and the sun poking out on the edge of a cloud deck.  Light east breeze felt great and the water was clean and tolerably warm.  Smallish waves but they roll onto that beach perfectly.  Unfortunately the same easterly breeze brought in some heavier fog by noon so it was an abbreviated session, but still nice to get to the coast.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, radarman said:

Hit Long Sands in York yesterday morning, 10AM low tide and the sun poking out on the edge of a cloud deck.  Light east breeze felt great and the water was clean and tolerably warm.  Smallish waves but they roll onto that beach perfectly.  Unfortunately the same easterly breeze brought in some heavier fog by noon so it was an abbreviated session, but still nice to get to the coast.

My nephew has a beach cottage in Weekapaug this month. Looks like some surf this week, we bodysurf. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, radarman said:

Was down on Duxbury Beach yesterday and similar to you with the waves. Enough for the kids to use their boogie boards. Water was nice, but shallow fog came in around 3:30. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We were at Tree House in Tewksbury last night.  There was a decent breeze.  I noted it because it has been pretty still for quite a while 

Nice, I heard they were officially open.  I finally made it to the Deerfield taproom not that long ago and the work they do is always impressive.  Hoping to get to Sandwich at some point also.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, radarman said:

My three sisters were there Friday and Yesterday, will probably be there again today. One of my sisters lives 2 miles from the beach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maines been fairly dry  with the exception of far southern areas 

Yeah we’ve been fairly dry but it’s often more frequent rains at lighter amounts.

Same amount as the 1-2” at Taunton, which is apparently full Stein.

• Haha 1