• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

Went for a walk today at Dunns pond to check out a area that was flooding.. after seeing a snake yesterday I saw 3 MORE TODAY WITHIN 20 FEET OF EACH OTHER! I'm guessing they were trying to keep above the water.. needless to say I'm good with seeing a snake the rest of the year.. 

View rece(3).jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Went for a walk today at Dunns pond to check out a area that was flooding.. after seeing a snake yesterday I saw 3 MORE TODAY WITHIN 20 FEET OF EACH OTHER! I'm guessing they were trying to keep above the water.. needless to say I'm good with seeing a snake the rest of the year.. 

View rece(3).jpg

Watch out for the one eyed trouser snakes. 

• Haha 4

.40" today. Already 3.27" this month after nearly 7" in June (PWM recorded rain on 23 of 30 days last month), and continuing our streak of heavy rain without the benefit of thunderstorms.

The sun actually came out at around 5:00 and it turned into a nice (though muggy) evening. Looking forward to a couple days of summer before we go back into a wet pattern. I have mushrooms growing in my south-facing front lawn, which is normally torched by now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Anyone's eyes feel like there's glue in them? Pretty sure it's mold spores from all the rain

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Same here. Did some yard work which rends to kick things up and trigger my allergies. I take an antihistamine but doesn't help the eyes. Good point on the mold/fungal blooms that must be on-going in this swampy pattern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jenkins said:

"Exciting? People are dying out there! I don't think 'exciting' is the word I'd choose to describe it!" - President Thomas J. Whitmore

No idea who you are but I hope you don't cheer on winter storms/ ice / etc.  Because those injure and unfortunately kill more than these floods.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

They mention it… But I wonder if they’re gonna end up a little bit low with the heat index for tomorrow - they think it’s gonna stop in the low 90s.  

both the GFS and the Nam are offering temperatures 89 to 92 with dpoints between 68 and 73 for an average HI of 98. Perhaps they don’t think these metrics are going to come together, but they also seem preoccupied with the flooding throughout which they should be… I won’t be surprised if in the morning update they put up a heat advisory.