• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2023

George BM

Diddly here with the afternoon round. Was playing some pickup hoops and thought we might get rained on, but nothing materialized.

Seeing a northwest wind through Sunday. The drought continues.

Looks like high pressure moves off the coast at some point next week. Hopefully, that’s the start of a return flow that can be more productive in the storms department.

1 hour ago, stormy said:

Congratulations!!!!!  I had 3 drops.................

I don't even want to know if we got anything down the rd from you... We hadn't gotten anything when I left for work,  radar did seem to show a cell pass over the northern part of town after I left... just a tenth would be nice... All I know is over here Cville just got rocked again... probably another inch  and small hail..

3 hours ago, Jrlg1181 said:

I don't even want to know if we got anything down the rd from you... We hadn't gotten anything when I left for work,  radar did seem to show a cell pass over the northern part of town after I left... just a tenth would be nice... All I know is over here Cville just got rocked again... probably another inch  and small hail..

Got .08 , brings total for the month to .15. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

The dryness will continue, but so will the nice weather with normal to below normal temps and comfortable dewpoints.

I'm down at OC staying on 94th street. This area is pretty green and swampy. We got hit hard with multiple rounds of storms yesterday afternoon. The wind was ripping across the bay during one of the strongest storms. Cool to see since I haven't seen anything interesting in months. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I'm down at OC staying on 94th street. This area is pretty green and swampy. We got hit hard with multiple rounds of storms yesterday afternoon. The wind was ripping across the bay during one of the strongest storms. Cool to see since I haven't seen anything interesting in months. 

Yeah much of southern DE and the lower MD eastern shore have done pretty well with showers and storms the past few weeks. Not even abnormally dry there. My area is right on the line between abnormally dry and moderate drought. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

A beautiful, windy day. I guess all the rain at this point will come from thunderstorms, huh?

LWX mentioned that we may not get any rain until next weekend if the block to the north is strong enough.  However, there is some potentially great news...

There are indications that the pattern may break down somewhat, or
at least re-orient, later in the week as a system moves across
Canada. This would center the high closer to or off the east coast,
allowing for an increase in temperatures and humidity. Chances for
showers and thunderstorms will increase likewise. However, model
spread increases further during this time, so forecast details
remain uncertain.

32 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

JB says a blend of his analogs  gives DC 27-36 inches this upcoming winter...."Given my belief the Strong Modoki El Nino for winter has 57-58,65-66,03-03,09-10" as analogs. (WB blog).

I will be thrilled with anything close to half of that amount.

Droughts, then Moderate-Strong El Nino's have given us some good results in the past. 

• Like 1

Guidance depicts the blocking pattern breaking down towards the end of the week, with surface high pressure developing in the western Atlantic for a time. With a disturbance tracking to our NW and a southerly flow we should have a warmer, more humid airmass in place as a cold front approaches later Saturday. Other than getting in on some moisture on the northern edge of the southern closed low, our next best shot at significant rain looks to be associated with the energy lifting north as the pattern breaks down and the low opens.

gfs_midRH_eus_28.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

I have run my AC only once besides the smoke days.  I don’t believe that’s ever happened before this deep into June. 

Was just remarking about this to the family a few minutes ago. Beautiful out (other than the bugs). 70 degrees and falling at 8:30pm-ish after the middle of June with a dewpoint in the mid 50s is crazy. 

• H2O unpinned this topic