Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That’s what it literally felt like.  But per RadarScope it was about 1/2 mile. It was the only strike that showed up in close proximity. My ears still hurt 

You can see the orange flicker/flash basically immediately before the thunder, it was nearly instantaneous.  You were almost struck dude!  nice

• Like 1

Front came through just in the last 1/2 hour. 

wind around to WSW though very light.  Temp down to 70/68 after being 75/72 all day with intermittent sun steam followed by thunder.

We're really racking up an impressive convection summer so far.  Granted nothing severe ...at least here. But, I've counted 13 thunderstorms in my vicinity in the last 4 days alone.   Stops raining... sky gets dark all over again... heavy rain with rumbles...moves on...rinse repeat

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

You can see the orange flicker/flash basically immediately before the thunder, it was nearly instantaneous.  You were almost struck dude!  nice

Yeah it was wild. I saw the bright and before I could think the crash happened. I ran right inside :lol:

I was under the overhang which connects to garage so I think I was fine haha. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I feel like 99% of the region could be well above-average for precipitation and one tiny 2 sq ft mile could be below-average and he would be harping on that. 

I feel like his hydro concerns are based around his potted plants. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, USCG RS said:

The pop and buzz of a very close lightning strike is something you never forget. 

Twice in my life I have heard the air sizzle mere nanoseconds before the strike. Both coincidentally in 2013. Once while standing in an Oklahoma field on May 20, 2013 and the other while living in Pepperell later that summer. 

The Oklahoma occurrence seemed so strange that I wasn’t even sure I believed what  I heard. But thankfully the Pepperell occurrence confirmed it.  

• Like 3

Looks like we finish today around ~.70” in the stratus. Will empty in morning for exact amount.

Saw standing water this afternoon on a few Stowe Country Club greens while driving by.

Another crappy day for outdoor recreation if you needed more than an hour or two dry at a time.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

The Stein Gods dropped a rogue storm over us last night for just about an inch of rain overnight! We take! 

Saw that...we had a brief downpour here, but only 0.22" in the gauge this morning...air is sort of crisp, nice to get rid of the humidity for a bit. Smoke looks like it will be rolling in here though, rather have the humidity