Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I almost think about the chases I missed as much as the ones I hit on. 

For every Florence there’s a Michael. For every Fiona there is an Ian. :axe: 

Honest to God, having a big in person event scheduled the day Ian made landfall may have been a contributing factor to me leaving my last job. :lol: 

Aren’t we at or near peak climo for severe around here? I’m not really feeling bullish about the back half of storm season given the crap this far. 

I think our "peak" is like early-to-mid June into early-to-mid July...but obviously our peak is very short. However, some of our bigger events have come mid-to-late May and then later in the summer. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nephew( my body surf twin) coming down from Cali for 4 weeks with his family July 4th thru Aug 2nd. House on the beach halfway between Weekapaug and Misquamicut. Three things, guaranteed surf, hot weather and epic barbecue parties on the beach with big fire pits.  Will be my second home this summer.

We beach. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I think our "peak" is like early-to-mid June into early-to-mid July...but obviously our peak is very short. However, some of our bigger events have come mid-to-late May and then later in the summer. 

Nice supercell earlier Tom's River. 

20230616_134509.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I almost think about the chases I missed as much as the ones I hit on. 

For every Florence there’s a Michael. For every Fiona there is an Ian. :axe: 

Honest to God, having a big in person event scheduled the day Ian made landfall may have been a contributing factor to me leaving my last job. :lol: 

Aren’t we at or near peak climo for severe around here? I’m not really feeling bullish about the back half of storm season given the crap this far. 

My 2 strongest TS in 25 years here came in June (2005 and last year).  However, the tree-stripper hailstorm 5-10 miles to my SE came on August 30, 2007.

Just had a garden-variety TS go thru, 1:25-2, maybe 1/4" RA.  Closest strike was 2.5 miles, nothing else within 5.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tamarack said:

My 2 strongest TS in 25 years here came in June (2005 and last year).  However, the tree-stripper hailstorm 5-10 miles to my SE came on August 30, 2007.

Just had a garden-variety TS go thru, 1:25-2, maybe 1/4" RA.  Closest strike was 2.5 miles, nothing else within 5.

Looks like more on the way too if they hold together.

IMG_2706.PNG

Just got absolutely crushed hiking with the dog.  Hail, some very close cracks of Thunder, and torrential rain.  Even with rain gear I’m soaked straight through to the balls.  Might as well have gone swimming with all my clothes on.

Was on Spruce Peak, one NE of Mansfield.  Hit the jackpot with no shelter.  Pea to dime sized hail and raindrops the size and mass of pinecones it felt like.

8C898F98-9875-40E8-B03D-C9E75E3E070A.jpeg.9da59f114f2504073b103dcd20a3bfc3.jpeg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

That giant batch of rain to our south and west somehow fizzled out to a whopping 0 09". Stein's muscle is quite amazing around here....

Looks like it wants to skirt south coast; thought for sure I was getting a nice soaking

7 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Didn't go to NJ...screw this and screw this pathetic summer. The heat signal will probably be fake and we'll probably fine a way to trough. But I hope to hell this heat verifies...I hope it gets so hot and so humid that EVERYONE melts when installing. I hope it's so freaking uncomfortable everyone complains. 

what a :weenie:

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

This is a tough setup to model QPF. Every model and every run will be different to a point. But seems like many areas 1"+ anyways. Probably some with 3"+.

jackpot will be tflizz guaranteed.